Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zeus' advanced jetpack guide

Zeused

this is used to showcase some of the tricks and other things you can do using jetpack that some might not know about. also if you didnt already know, speed gain scales with the character's speed, so playing as a scout will result in MUCH more jetpack speed than with a heavy.

one of the most important things in trade 2 is mobility, so you are never an easy shot. i feel like these jetpack strats are pretty important and i dont see a lot of people do them, so i figured i would make this.

wall sticking:

sticking to a wall while maintaining speed (note: only works if you are on the ground). this is useful for pyro, since their flames scale based on how fast the player is going, so faster speed = farther flames. when you are stuck on the wall, the game still registers you as going fast, so pyro's fire travels very far while you are stuck to a wall. it is also useful if you need to pause and line up a shot, then instantly jetpack away at the speed of light.

another note - if you get stuck on a wall, you must continue holding your jetpack bind or else your speed will be lost. you can also strafe out of the wall and keep a majority if your speed after getting stuck

video showcase:

Spoiler

wall bouncing:

bouncing from a wall can only be done when using jetpack in the air. you strafe into a wall and essentially just bounce off, keeping most of your speed. it is good for jetpack battles, evading enemies and dodging sniper shots.

like the wall sticking, you have to hold your jetpack bind or else you will lose your speed and smack into the wall

video showcase:

Spoiler

lifting:

there are 3 ways of lifting into the air using jetpack. the first is just normally jumping and using jetpack, second is falling off an object, and the third is S/W-lifting. S lifting is pressing s while on the ground using jetpack, and looking anywhere down, which lifts you into the air behind you. for W lifting, you hold jetpack and look up while holding w as well, lifting you into the air.

this can be good for evading and not losing speed when trying to transfer into the air. i see way too many people stop mid jetpack on the ground just to jump and get into the air, when they can easily keep their speed and go into the air at the same time. like everything else on this list, you always need to be holding jetpack or else you will lose your speed. it also allows snipers to scope while in the air

video showcase:

Spoiler

edit - for the video, i accidentally put d instead of s. when looking down, press S to go up, sorry!

thats pretty much it. if i missed anything please reply and ill add it to here

• Like 5