Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

reviewed (GMod) Abuse Report (HG | Duphin [C])

Harle

Abuse Report

Abuser Name

HG | Duphin [C]

Abuser's Steam ID/Unique ID

STEAM_0:0:57904678

Where did this occur?

GMod

What server?

HGZS

How long ago did this take place?

a few days

Give us a brief description of the incident.

unnecessary usage of commands

Proof Links?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I'll start at the top 

2 hours ago, Harle said:

this is only in a span of a few days, there are more in zs-admin discord

Clear proof shows that isn't true. 

https://gyazo.com/989b917769293becd1463251fa2cabca

So gagging everyone at the end of the map because they're yelling about what map to vote for isn't abuse, nor is muting when they spam in chat after.  And this SS proves nothing

https://gyazo.com/b74a06fed79d30b70096ac147f7efd05

I was trying to make a giant headcrab for the Halloween event I turned on god mode so I wouldn't die. I tried to make it happen several times and I got stuck in the floor so I stopped. This did nothing to affect gameplay at all, nor did anyone take care but you.

https://gyazo.com/898b9badee82fc79e232415394bd48d7

Making joke votes aren't abuse and I find it disingenuous that you would stop my votes not say anything then post about it in an abuse report. 

https://gyazo.com/004a7352cc810db9f02e98b18a3b4169

I launched everyone in warmup for fun (which you neglect to show that part). It crashed the server (which you ignored too) and I was called out for it. I owned my mistake made no excuses (proof in zs discord) and said it wouldn't happen again. After there was another issue that was cleared up due to discord notifications messed up and I was told "You can have fun but, stop doing * commands". 

https://gyazo.com/d6ab379186c9e9a606750473b58c1cd6

Sheppard was messing around with me and I slapped him if it was an issue he would've done or said something instead him and the server enjoyed it. There is no context of the logs since it would take endless scrolling to go back to that date that you don't even have

To sum this up none of your screenshots even show anything they're just from the admin logs. The one issue was cleared up and none of the zs leadership has said anything about my behavior since. I really thought we were past the days were HG members start making folders of evidence to try and damn somebody instead of talking to them or getting leadership involved. This post seems very lazy that there is nothing to prove what I did was abuse except for using commands in the game for fun. The commands I use are there for a reason to have fun if using any of them is abuse what's the point of even having them. If there is any problems with my actions I'd like to be told by the Gmod staff not by a petty abuse report. 

• Like 1

what is there to explain, the screenshot themselves already speak for themselves..

you were warned multiple times by both Lynxx and White to stop using commands that affect everyone..

since when do we gag and mute the entire server even if they are being loud?

who gave you the permission to do halloween events? did you get approval from white or talbot? did you test them out on debug before doing it on live?

didn't we remove slap from gold members so they couldnt abuse it so what made you think you were excluded from this ruling?

does your fun include crashing the server? clearly it did when you launched everyone

since when do we make votes that could clearly spark some commotions?

i'd gladly link admin chat in here too if everyone needs to know that this is blatant abuse and you were warned MULTIPLE times before]

cmon man this is just stupid if you can't see why it's such a big deal that a COUNCIL member is doing these kind of things with no repercussios yet we punish others for it

• Executive Council

From discussing this with GMOD staff, @a white kleiner, gaming divisions, and internal directors:
As stated, Duphin was warned 10/10 (10/11 in your time zone) in #admin-chat - a channel you are in and pretty active - for his launching, use of some binds, etc. I understand you may have missed this conversation, so I'll put that to the side.

It isn't uncommon to gag/mute everyone when people are mic spamming - this is true on every server. Your screenshots lack any context, and are not enough to take action against (you likely know this, you've been around the block a few times) - this could have easily been addressed in the server by asking why he gagged everyone.

The scaling of himself doesn't seem to have cause any issues in the server (although doing it too much can be annoying, I understand) - this could have easily been addressed in the server by telling him he's spamming commands, simply talking to him, or saying he's hurting the server play.

Slapping players with 0 damage is usually viewed as not terrible abuse if it's not done too often, too much, etc - this could have easily been addressed in the server by the player, or other admins on at the time, if they felt he went too far.

Calling a vote against another player and calling them a pedo I disagree with - harassing players and generally bullying them by creating a server vote to embarrass them isn't a good look, especially from a council member, and while I do understand ZS server is a unique set of players, I don't think this is in good taste. I am going to have a conversation with Duphin about his behavior and generally keeping his edginess down, even if he is playing in ZS.

@Harle I know you have been in HG a very long time, and have been involved at many different levels. Of all people, I think you would know to talk in discord about concerns you have, or better yet, PM your DL ( @a white kleiner ) to bring your concerns to them. If this was done and not properly addressed, there are other people to address your issues with - but most of all, these are all just screenshots of discord, no in-game screenshots, no recordings to give situational context. Bringing this up in public, and posting is on the forums comes across as a personal grudge against Duphin, and feels to have been done in poor taste, especially knowing how much experience you've had in HG.

In the future, I would deeply encourage you to record abuse if you see it, if you think any mod or staff went too far in their use of admin commands, speak with staff or DL, of even bring it up to a Director or Council. We are always willing to give our opinion on if it warrants an abuse report, or if it was done in the spirit of the game. You know well enough that we allow admins to have some fun with commands, if it is no affecting game play or giving a person or group a substantial advantage in the server. As mentioned, others in your same position had those concerns, and brought them to A White Kleiner, he promptly addressed them.

If you have any questions on this, feel free to reach out to me.

REVIEWED

• Like 11