Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Why do you still play CS:S?

Lucas15

What keeps you playing CS:S and not abandoning it like so many people have? Is it nostalgia? The community? Your potato can't run anything better?

Personally it's a slight bit of nostalgia mixed with enjoying the game and not wanting it to fade away. I dumped many, many hours into CS:S over the years in all aspects from just playing to running servers.

I play a variety of other games too and there are times in the past when I've gone months or even years without touching the game, but I always find myself back on it eventually.

• Like 3

I love CS GO but CSS brings back all the nostalgia of CS for me. I played CS since 1.6 and was so ecstatic when CSS came out and spent a tremendous amount of hours doing scrims via MIRC lol but I'll always stand by CSS because of how the game play feels and the feel of the weapons. I could just never move on lol

• Like 1

CS:S is awesome still because its years now you still got to pay to play it. It has got tons of different modifications you can do to it so there is something for everyone. Yes there are a lot of older players and its going on 10+ years. People still play the game whatever there reasons for however long periods of time each day. They leave but always come back to it, just the fact that it is still alive after 10+ years of time means the developers did something right. The thing today is there are too many games out there not enough gamers people flock where their friends go, where their curiousity takes them, but eventually they come back. I myself am one of those guys I will take breaks periodically experience other games a bit but then I come back and its on as if I was playing one of those new Triple A Titles.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I've been apart of HG for 3 years now eventually coming up to four. (On the forums at least) Source will always be the best Counter-Strike to me, I have been playing it for coming up on 10 years now or more and the nostalgia of the game along with the community still is very amazing to come back to every day after work,

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've been playing CSS for about 17 years now, sure i stopped playing many time but i've always came back. I have played many first person shooter games and css always stayed my favorite of them all, i even tried CS:GO wich was a big dissapointment for me. Css is just simple and fun it doesnt require to have a good computer so it's available to more players, i also enjoy games that doesnt have too many plants/trees/herbs laying around everywhere! even after all these years the game is as fun as it was when i 1st played it.
Also if you have played any recent shooter games, in the last 10 years,  you probably noticed that most of them are dying after a couple of years or they stop getting supported.. it just leads to alot of bug users or hackers ruining the fun for everyone, yes CSS has hackers and bug users too but atleast there's still mods taking care of them.. I quitted an fps game that i was ranked 4th in the NA rankings, i really enjoyed the game but i left because there were too many hackers on it and the mods didnt care about making the game fair aslong as people would still buy stuff from the store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I still play Counter Strike: Source, because it is still a great game, and provides nostalgia for me. I remember in 2004, when me and a group of 4 other friends in my neighborhood finally got it and being blown away by the graphics. These days, rag-doll effects and shooting a barrel and it knocking over may sounds like not a big deal, but back then, IT WAS MAJOR! We had came off playing 1.4 CS and Diablo 2, So we kept playing D2 on the side but began playing ALOT  of CSS and WoW. I got some great memories of having 5 comps on a long L shaped desk at my friends house, and just gaming till be got hungry or they wanted a cig or we all wanted a blunt. LOL

But now all these years later I still have the same admiration for CS:S and it brings back memories, and the nostalgia for the game plus being a long server member of a great Gaming Community, has kept that spirit alive!

BOSCH

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I play CSS because the mechanics suck ass in CS:GO. I used to be better at CS:GO, but I just can't get spray patterns down like I have in CSS (took me years to get those even). Plus the Scout is god tier in CSS where as the one in CS:GO is weaksauce. 

I also appreciate the community here in CSS more. More mature players normally and the toxicity that was here has moved to CS:GO.