Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sleeper PC?

BravoMan

22 minutes ago, Fortis said:

I assume by sleeper you mean a cheap build that can handle most loads. Unfortunately "sleeper PC's" aren't really a thing because in order to do everything you need the best of the best... which means mucho dinero (lots of money).

But there are some great budget builds that you can build that generally can run most games/tasks with settings turned low. However the current PC parts market is in shambles and with limited production on parts prices are soaring through the roof. My recommendation is to wait until late summer (August, September) when the market becomes more saturated with parts and prices go down :) Otherwise I can whip you up a part list if you give me a budget.

Sorry I should have clarified. What I meant to say was taking a beefed up system and hiding it in an older case (or a new case that looks like a retro PC case) of some sorts. Even make some of the older equipment such as a Floppy Drive functional on a modern PC. Was curious if anyone has done something similar and to what degree of success.

• 3 weeks later...