Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Miles' Milestones (PEAK PERFORMANCE)

Miles

I will use this thread to detail my strength training / powerlifting journey. I will try to post PR's and shit etc. 
I am 100 percent open to criticism of my form. 

Old PRs

Spoiler

My latest PR, 255 on deadlift.

I am going for an overhead press PR tomorrow. If I am successful you will know. :devil:

Thanks to Ass. Director of DC uchihella for title ideas. 

• Like 2

• Executive Council
Just now, Miles said:

Weight belts are for people who have bad form ;) (or people who are pulling much, much more weight than I am). Correct form on the deadlift not only won't hurt your back, but will strengthen it. 

I would rather be safe than sorry though but damn your Thicc!

• Like 1

Yung triple H up in here. Keep up the grind man, results will show!

I used to do a lot of weight training back in hs and college for football. One thing I would just suggest is working your other muscles as well. Deadlifting is great, but you are only using your quads and butt muscles (gluteus maximus ;)) Keep a balanced workout upper and lower body. Lastly, Your form is close to perfect, I'd only recommend using majority of your leg power to pull up the bar to your waist rather than arcing your back to pull up potentially causing a serious back injury.

Practice makes perfect keep up the deadlifts and you'll have kim kardashian having a run for her money to keep up with how thicc you will be! :lol:

1 minute ago, 7Z. said:

most impressive, new pr form looks better then the old ones!

I agree. I don't know what the fuck I was doing with my legs on those first two PRs, my stance was so fucking wide.

1 minute ago, KB said:

used to do a lot of weight training back in hs and college for football. One thing I would just suggest is working your other muscles as well. Deadlifting is great, but you are only using your quads and butt muscles (gluteus maximus ;)) Keep a balanced workout upper and lower body.

I don't just deadlift, but my PRs for Squat/Bench etcetera aren't that impressive yet so I don't want to post them. :P Soon I will have a 185 bench, and hopefully a 225 squat. 

I am currently using a slightly modified version of this split. It's been working great for me so far.

39 minutes ago, Malice said:

I deadlift my stomach every time I stand up.

Lol. Awesome job dude don't know much about weights etc but I'm assuming that's a lot.

It isn't a lot, I am very new to weightlifting. I've only been training for 6~ months and only been doing it seriously for around 2~ months. My hope is that this thread will live long enough to see me lift "a lot". 

Yo bro, thought I'd share as well. Maybe this could be a good start to get HG more active IRL haha or motivate others who are thinking of starting their own weight training journey. I've been in the gym for ~6 months as well and my noobie gains have been crazy. I'm at a bodyweight that fluctuates from 200-205 and hit my PR not too long ago of 335lbs. You're doing great man. I'm not saying I'm a pro or anything but I do have a plethora of knowledge from studying and plenty of military friends that give me guidance daily. Thought I'd share this with ya in case you ever wanted any information on diet, exercise, or anything at all. If I don't have the answer, I definitely know people who do. I didn't start with much body fat to begin with but I've used my own knowledge of nutrition to cut and shred the visceral fat that I had before I properly bulk up on some mfs and try to hit 220+ lbs with low body fat % through this year. Once again, I'm no advanced personal trainer but I love to learn and help others with their fitness goal whether powerlifting, bodybuilding, or functional fitness. On top of that it's just another sense of accountability. Keep grinding bro, I love to see it. By no means am I trying to post on your milestones of my own stuff but I'd rather respond with some results as well to relate and help possibly motivate! 

246684772_Progress(2).thumb.PNG.d0ee757d8be282ed2502075fe67e93da.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Moose said:

I'm at a bodyweight that fluctuates from 200-205 and hit my PR not too long ago of 335lbs.

Based. I'm looking to hit 315 on deadlift by the end of the summer. Also, newbie gains are unreal. 

I HIT 135 LB ON OVER HEAD PRESS! I'm very excited about this lift. A plate on OHP has been a major goal of mine since I started lifting last fall, so it's really awesome to see my work in the gym come to fruition! 

Spoiler

My roommate thought I was going to drop the bar on myself LMAO

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, Miles said:

I don't just deadlift, but my PRs for Squat/Bench etcetera aren't that impressive yet so I don't want to post them. :P Soon I will have a 185 bench, and hopefully a 225 squat. 

225 SQUAT HAS BEEN ACHIEVED! Squat shoes are OP!!! My bench has stagnated because I got another shoulder injury, so I'm taking it easy on presses for a couple weeks.

Also I've completely switched to this split for the last month-ish. I'm about to move and I am worried about finding a gym. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Finally updating this thread.... B)

So I don't powerlift anymore, instead I do something much more fun!

Olympic Weightlifting!

I'm currently working through an injury and coming back from taking a long break, so the weight on the bar is low. My previous PRs for Clean and Jerk and Snatch are 100kg and 80kg, respectively. My squat got up to 140kg, but I only ever did that once. 

Anyways, the videos above are just some of what I've been doing recently. Keeping it light and doing mostly form work. Anyways, that's my lifting update. ;)

Edited by Miles
  • Like 1