Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Entropia Universe

Lucas15

Am I the only guy around these parts who has played Entropia Universe? Yes? Okay.

So it came out in 2003 as Project Entropia by MindArk. It had one planet known as Calypso. Why do I mention the one planet? Because today there are several planets in the game such as Rocktropia, Next Island, Arkadia, and more. But there's a catch that makes it interesting.

You see, Entropia is different than most games. The game uses a real cash economy and everything has values based on US Dollars. 1 PED (Planet Entropia Dollar, the in-game currency) is equal to .10 cents USD. 

With their economic system, you're able to deposit funds as you are with many games. Unlike a vast majority of other games, however, you're able to withdrawal money you've earned in-game for real money.

This system has led to some people making some very questionable financial decisions, but it's paid off for a couple of them. Seriously, don't play this game to try and be rich.

Fun fact: Out of the 10 most expensive virtual items ever sold (video), 6 come directly from Entropia.

The game itself is a pretty standard MMORPG at the surface. You level skills as you play, and those skills collectively level various professions. The game is quite a grind and that makes it pretty niche. You can hunt, mine, craft, provide various services to other players, and much more. There are so many possibilities.

If you'd like to give it a try, hit me up and I'll help you get started on your journey. It's fun to play if you like the grind and slow, yet enjoyable pace.

• Confused 1