Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

finishing dream build

Zeused

so i am considering building a new computer. since i am not super knowledgeable about PC parts, i wanted to make sure i got the best parts possible. my price range is very flexible. basically as long as all the parts all together are at or below around $1500~ ish, then its not a problem. the main parts i am looking for are: cpu, gpu, memory, storage, and a new case (because i hate my current one).

CPU - I plan on sticking to AMD, because my motherboard is a B550 AORUS PRO AC. since i do gaming and video editing, and just generally have 100 things open all the time, I am looking for a mix of both speed and high core count. since my current cpu is a ryzen 5 3600x, I was looking at the ryzen 9 5900x ($550). it seems like the fastest AMD cpu i can find, and has 12 cores which is double the 3600, so it seems like the perfect upgrade. I also plan on overclocking for certain games every now and then, so i may need suggestions for a decent cooler as well.

GPU - currently have the 5600xt, looking to get a 3060Ti ($400). If i actually fucking find one, i want to make sure its a solid upgrade.

Memory - I will be replacing my current ram sticks and putting them on a separate build for my brother, so i have been looking for some new sticks. i am looking for at least 16gb with ddr4-3600mhz, at hopefully around $150 or below.

Storage - I use a hard drive with 1 tb that is pretty slow. mainly looking for an SSD with at least 1 tb under $200. don't know a bunch about storage speeds, so i need some experts to give me recommendations on this.

Cases - not looking for anything fancy. easy cable management and good airflow are most important. anything under $150 is good.

let me know if any of these prices seem unreasonable. like i said, i am very flexible with my prices. if there is a good item a bit above my price range, feel free to suggest it.

For the SSD, I would go with a 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO. It costs around $160(different stores vary). I believe the read speeds are 3,500 MB/s and the write speeds are 2,500 MB/s. Which is pretty good for a baseline SSD in my opinion. For the RAM, I would go with a 32 GB kit. Now, I would only go to 32 GB since you're video editing. Anyways, The 32Gb kit is by TEAMFORCE T-Force Dark Za and it reads at 3600 MHz(btw the ram sticks are 16 GB x 2). Now for the GPU, since you're already going with a 30 series card, might as well bump your GPU to a 3070ti. But MSRP is at $600 so yeah :). Lastly, I would like to suggest an 850 watt power supply from Corsair or really anything other company with 80+ Gold. I believe that if you are going with a 3070ti that you are going to need an 8 pin GPU plug.(Might be wrong on that one) Everything else is fine or alright for the price point. CPU is pretty good in my opinion. I really don't know much about the motherboard or case but I'm pretty sure other people are will know more than me. That's it! 

Edited by KikkoMan