Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How do we boost our popularity?

DAPPERxDUCK

It seems like lately our CS:S servers have been lacking in popularity. Every once in awhile, I see the Crackhouse server popping, but I've never seen more than one person, MAYBE two, in our Iceworld and GunGame servers. I feel like our Dust2 and Office servers stayed more populated, yet they were shut down. I see runfast always there, but lately it seems he's been in spectate more than anything. I've joined many different times during the day and it still seems the same. So how can we boost this? I had suggested a Pub server, but I know there is some hesitation there for the game being "dead". Looking at the numbers from https://steamdb.info/app/240/graphs/ it seems that CS:S still has some active player base consistently at around 5-7k players. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it makes me really think that we could still be relevant considering there are many other servers that still bring in 20-64 players consistently every day. I know it's not feasible to request servers and really, that's not even my call considering I don't own or pay the rent for these servers. I'm just genuinely curious if anyone in this division still plays consistently, if I'm missing the point, or if I should just consider it dead myself and move on to something else.

CSSplayers.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

See this is the thing that makes me think that we dont to think of our CSS servers dying, compared to other servers we do really well, especially in the evening when you break down the ratio of active CSS players. Alot of them we found are Runfast and my age group, guys in their 30's+ who love CSS and many told us they love our servers but they arent looking to join a clan/gaming group when we did our last recruit drive

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, BOSCH said:

See this is the thing that makes me think that we dont to think of our CSS servers dying, compared to other servers we do really well, especially in the evening when you break down the ratio of active CSS players. Alot of them we found are Runfast and my age group, guys in their 30's+ who love CSS and many told us they love our servers but they arent looking to join a clan/gaming group when we did our last recruit drive

Like I said, it depends on the time of day. Sitting here currently at 3:15 PM EST on a Sunday, the server only has like 3 people playing, and that goes for the whole weekend as well. I've seen it populate VERY late at night (11 PM or later), but that's of course by the time I'm in bed since I work at 5-6 AM every day. Not saying that to be selfish, but I find many other servers populated well before that time, but none of them are strictly Deathmatch like we are. 

Plus, I have a family myself so I know a lot of people may not even game until later due to family commitments as well, totally get that. But when I see other places staying populated at all hours of the day, it just makes me wonder what more we could be doing to draw a crowd and keep them here. 

15 hours ago, DezStylez said:

I would love to see a dust 2 server. There’s another clan that does well with that map. Crack house is good but sometimes seems to be empty. 

We had two Dust2 servers and an Office server up until last year when it was killed off. I do love some Dust2 myself, and I love the idea of a Pub server, but people seem to have mixed feelings about it. 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:24 PM, Zeused said:

bhop server

i own a bhop server on css and can help set it up as well^

I know bhop has a dedicated group of people who love and enjoy it (same as surf), I personally never figured out bhopping and would never find myself playing on a dedicated bhop server.

• Like 2

the reason i stopped playing was because movement was severely nerfed/reset to default on the server a while ago (sv_maxspeed is set to 320? just why). part of the fun was bhopping around, trying out jumps or getting a good kill. now the server is filled with awp sweats that camp a roof and spawn kill. personally i can't play on the server for more than a few minutes because of how bland it is. there were also some servers that were actually good, but were deleted. office > everything else :(

if the css division wants to increase pop, they should be actively adding things to the servers for players to stay on longer. the hg shop is either broken or disabled currently, you don't get vip for being in the top 20, and usually whenever i do join, most of the players are afk in spec, so its just fighting against bots. there is nothing to work towards, no reason to keep playing anymore.

Edited by Zeused
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Zeused said:

the reason i stopped playing was because movement was severely nerfed/reset to default on the server a while ago (sv_maxspeed is set to 320? just why). part of the fun was bhopping around, trying out jumps or getting a good kill. now the server is filled with awp sweats that camp a roof and spawn kill. personally i can't play on the server for more than a few minutes because of how bland it is. there were also some servers that were actually good, but were deleted. office > everything else :(

if the css division wants to increase pop, they should be actively adding things to the servers for players to stay on longer. the hg shop is either broken or disabled currently, you don't get vip for being in the top 20, and usually whenever i do join, most of the players are afk in spec, so its just fighting against bots. there is nothing to work towards, no reason to keep playing anymore.

I'm glad you brought that up, I remember when I first joined HG it was so fun to see the "Top 10" list and have my name on it, hell I still have the crackhouse rank in my forum signature (RIP Dust2 Top 10 signature link). I for one am pretty competitive (hence my love of Pub servers versus just DM). I wish our GG server was more populated as that can be very fun and competitive when it's more than just bots. I also agree that the DM becomes stale and stagnant when nothing is there to work towards. It's just mindless gameplay. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 3:21 PM, DAPPERxDUCK said:

Like I said, it depends on the time of day. Sitting here currently at 3:15 PM EST on a Sunday, the server only has like 3 people playing, and that goes for the whole weekend as well. I've seen it populate VERY late at night (11 PM or later), but that's of course by the time I'm in bed since I work at 5-6 AM every day. Not saying that to be selfish, but I find many other servers populated well before that time, but none of them are strictly Deathmatch like we are. 

Plus, I have a family myself so I know a lot of people may not even game until later due to family commitments as well, totally get that. But when I see other places staying populated at all hours of the day, it just makes me wonder what more we could be doing to draw a crowd and keep them here. 

We had two Dust2 servers and an Office server up until last year when it was killed off. I do love some Dust2 myself, and I love the idea of a Pub server, but people seem to have mixed feelings about it. 

I know bhop has a dedicated group of people who love and enjoy it (same as surf), I personally never figured out bhopping and would never find myself playing on a dedicated bhop server.

I myself was very sad when we got rid of Dust2 and Office, and so was a good portion of our regulars. I agree also about a bhop server, I don't like that idea. Maybe we can talk about doing some reorganizing within CSS, but first I was to talk to Runfast, DetectiveYellNow and Eddiecam. But very good points Dapper, next time you see me in Ts3 please feel free to hit me up buddy.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, Zeused said:

I mean when you have the option to use a awp on a roof then why not? It’s mainly part of the map 

The server dies when an obvious aimbotter shows up and shoots everyone through walls, or when the server restarts. Its unfortunate that it restarts at full capacity because then not everyone comes back.

Another reason is when everyone's abusing the awp on less skilled team.

Runfast is the best, he's always on the server. Commitment 500%

7 hours ago, M3R4 said:

The server dies when an obvious aimbotter shows up and shoots everyone through walls, or when the server restarts. Its unfortunate that it restarts at full capacity because then not everyone comes back.

Another reason is when everyone's abusing the awp on less skilled team.

Runfast is the best, he's always on the server. Commitment 500%

Most of the reports I get through Discord occur during one of two times: 1) during my work day or 2) between midnight-4am when I am already asleep preparing for the following day's work so sadly I'm unable to help at those times.

I agree that the AWPs/Autos can be a little overwhelming at times, but that's crackhouse. I personally enjoy using the scout to avoid being a cause of this headache, but I know most people can't bring themselves to do it.

Nobody is knocking runfast, I just see him in spectate a lot of times, but I didn't mean that in a bad way, just making an observation. I get along quite well with @!runfast! and he LOVES getting blasted with a scout! 😁

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:13 PM, DezStylez said:

There’s another clan server  that has dust 2 map and they are almost always full of people. Seems to be the most popular map. 

You're probably thinking of the =(eGO)= 24/7 Dust2 server and yes, it is VERY popular. It is not a Deathmatch server though and instead runs like regular CS would with the twist of having upwards of 64 players in the server versus a traditional 5v5 or 10v10 team setup. It can be a little hectic, but it is still a LOT of fun, especially since they limit the use of AWPs and Auto snipers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would try running some hard to find but yet sizeable and fast maps. There are a couple that i know that are really great maps. Best  Buy is awesome. Best Buy is a big map with a nice layout for any type of player. Its a bigger map. Then there is  Olive Garden its also  great, but a little smaller. Superhero servers are fun they are also awesome in helping with donations.  Lots more to  add. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...