Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread after its been inactive for 3 months but i feel its right to post it here <3

Back when i did league, i use to practice there, this was back in pre-update css when the ak was basically no recoil, and i use to headshot people across the map sometimes and just practice and stuff, got perma'd, came back like a year or so to the HG bhop server, where i practiced bhop after they pretty much messed up css for me after the update, there i got really good at bhopping which then turned out to me being in the top 10 of best bhoppers as of today :)

i found HG when i was looking for a good deatmach server on css, and afther a minute or 2 i found hellsgamers deatmach server. and afther geeting hooked on the server i noticed that they where recruiting, and i though id give it a shoot, througth im still on trial :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dates are fuzzy when you've been shot up with as many drugs as I have (legally). I have spent way too many nights in an ER, OR, or hospital room. lol

Anyhow, a few former members of my old clan and I used to hop around and hunt the best dust_2, office, and crackhouse servers after the Frax servers fell out of our lists. We ran across several HG servers and I personally really liked them, so over time I kept coming back. Crackhouse DM became my new home.

Since then my buddies had stopped playing, one went to the pen because of a coke addiction and his resulting theft charges trying to do enough drugs to forget his dead girlfriend (she ODed shooting cocaine). The other got busy running his own businesses and quit playing. We used to play CS back in the day of our ARR! Pirate clan. We moved to CSS when it went to demo.

Due to the demise of my buddies playing CSS/TF2 I decided it was finally time to join a new group. Maybe make some new friends. As a result I have also run across some folks we used to play with before discovering HG. Though ive been in and out of the servers for years, I only recently joined. It is nice to feel like part of a team again, but I gotta get back into round based play. lol ive been DM almost exclusively for a cpl years now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for me it was about 2 years ago and my friend introduced me to steam and CSS. I was just fumbling around and found something called jailbreak. Not knowing what this was and not having sound because I was at school I would get killed every round. I got the bright idea to plug in headphones and I fell in love. I learned to play, applied for hg and bought admin. been addicted to hg ever since.

lol am I the only one that didn't find HG though the JB server?

My story goes like this... About 9 months ago, when I just joined Hell clan, I was getting a real itch for an Office Deathmatch scenario after being introduced to CSS in '09 by my flatmates that played deathmatch on Dust2. Then I went onto the Fragmasters office server and felt like I needed a combo of the 2.

Anyway 9 months have past and after getting thrown out of Hell clan for apparently forum trolling.... (It was a daft accusation to be honest).

I came back to the server and decided to join HG and for some reason I feel more at home (I think I like the structure more).

I'm Phil and that was my story

Well, I came across HG around Christmas time 2010-2011 and the HG JB server. I popped in and played it as a change of pace from sG (Syndicate Gamers) jail break. I joined the forums late January 2011 to post an untlist request for accidentally freekilling someone in an attempt to wipe out the rebeller with USP back when we had a USP cell. I put in some time in h&s, pistol DM, joined HG in 2011, left and came back again!

For me it was all luck. So me and my friend were playing zombie mod on css and we saw this other really popular server called jailbreak. I had no idea what it was until i clicked in and saw what it was. I didnt play much but i learned the rules and then i just got hooked and joined HG and now i am proud to apart of it.

My friend introduced me to the Jailbreak server, at first i thought it was a retarded sever (hehhe) then i played a couple of rounds and I was like HEY THIS IS PRETTY FUN!!!! I saw that they were recruiting at hellsgamers.com (ADVERTISING BAN ME!!!) I applied and now I'm here :D

• 2 weeks later...

well like 3 years ago i was in a community called vicinity gamers (now dead) they had the best deathrun server. a friend of mine that i met on the deathrun server was in hg. he introduced me to the jailbreak server i was addicted for 3 years untill i found perp :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...