Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How did you come across HG?!

Apt. 2B

Around 2009 or 2010 I would go over my cousins house after high school because he lived right next to it and I would play on his pc while he was at work. So I would browse the games on his steam library and I figured I would play some counter strike. I was browsing some community servers when I came upon the jailbreak server. I loooooooooved it. I remember how hard it was to get into it because fuck reading the rules, right? So I kept dying until I would get all the orders done correctly. I didn’t really talk much back then other than when people recognized my steam name “Ziggy Stardust†from David Bowie’s album. So, I wanted to make some friends and joined the hg website so I could apply for recruit and I was a pretty active recruit! But I stopped going over my cousins house because I was a little lovebird in high school.

I finally got a decent PC in 2016 and kept playing random shit until I sat around and I finally remembered about jailbreak (seriously, it randomly popped into my head.) I’m not sure if I checked on my profile on the website first or if I logged into the server first. But yeah. I played a bit again and fell back in love with jailbreak so I rejoined HG in mid 2017.

Thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't really start gaming on PC until a couple of years after I graduated high school. Around that time, in 2013, my buddy showed me this server that he used to play with his buddy where you just follow orders. It sounded ridiculous but it ended up being very fun. This of course was CSS JB. What really turned me onto the server were two players, "lemmiwinks," who played so many bonkers sound clips that I found hilarious (He is the reason that I still spam the 'quack' sound bite, which is still my favorite sound for JB), and another player named "Pho" who was an all around fun lead who let me join my first gang, "the soap droppers".

Edited by BrickTamland
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

years ago i stumbled across one of the mario kart servers, and i noticed that it was actively trading and there was alllcrits, which i liked. i made friends with one of the old admins i think his name was like (hal) and i found out about all of the other servers and just been playing on them since

• 3 weeks later...

I came across HG when I first got Source from my friend. When we finished playing the night before on some Gun Game, I decided to do a bit of deathmatch, and I found how popular the Dust 2 servers were, so I joined in, and from there, I was hooked on HG. Whenever I play source, it's either PUGs or on the HG servers for me to get better at this beautiful but old game known as Counter-Strike: Source. I also pop in once in awhile in the CS:GO servers to just have a bit of fun, which is also how I found HG.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I used to play a lot of zombie mods, surf, jailbreak, and death run with another clan that just vanished, I came back to CSS after playing some CS:GO.  I wanted to play crackhouse on CS:GO but there was only an average of ~2 on per week and came back to CSS after I  found a crackhouse server that was smooth and players played well on it.  After a couple of months I decided to join HellsGamers and found that it was a good move.  Staff and regular players are nice and very helpful.  In my other clan that vanished I was an admin on a crackhouse and came up with fun mini games when times were slow/when there wasn't many players on and wouldn't mind coming back around to becoming an admin again, but i must go up through the ranks. 

Edited by xl JAMKA lx
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...