Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need a new headset

ArmedSeeker

Depends on your budget Mr Seeker :D

umm I personally have owned:

Logitech ClearChat Pro

Razer Barracuda (discontinued)

an odd Genius headset (that had vibration built-in... wtf...)

and Tritton AX720 (I currently own this)

The logitech would be good if you're just using it for chat and some games...

Razer I would suggest if you're willing to shell out a little bit more money nevertheless you will need 3 audio outputs and a free USB port...

I still have my trittons, they're awesome for gaming (at least for me)... crisp audio, 5.1 surround sound with Dolby Digital and DTS.

Drawback: You will need an Optical Out to get the best audio output on it, it comes with an amplifier (like your home audio system), it's alittle expensive (~140 USD)

Honestly... just try some out, most retailers have reasonable return policies (~7-15 days).

pUmsU.jpg

Technical Specifications

* Frequency response:

Headset: 20 Hz–20 kHz

Microphone: 100 Hz–16 kHz

* Input sensitivity: -58 dBV/µbar, -38 dBV/Pa +/- 4 dB

* Speaker size: 200mm

* Cable length: 10 feet (3 m)

* Connections: USB and dual gold-plated, analog 3.5mm

If you want a pure gaming headset, get the Audio-Technica AD700. I'm using it right now, and its the best headphones i ever use, and there one of the best headset for gaming. Now it doesnt come with a mic so you need to get a zalman clip-on mic. I would recommend the G35 too.

If you want a pure gaming headset, get the Audio-Technica AD700. I'm using it right now, and its the best headphones i ever use, and there one of the best headset for gaming. Now it doesnt come with a mic so you need to get a zalman clip-on mic. I would recommend the G35 too.

THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD RESPONSE IN THIS THREAD. That is all. (minus the part about the g35)

I was sick of not using a headset. After returning logitech clearchat wireless' 3 times for the left speaker.( I told them they need to recall that piece.) I finally got one terry approves of: :D:D:D

newegg.png

Ill get a desktop mic.. fuck it. its worth it. Just ordered YAY!

Edited by Never trust a hippie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106158&cm_re=sennheiser_headset-_-26-106-158-_-Product

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106157&cm_re=sennheiser_headset-_-26-106-157-_-Product

for a cheaper one

I use the PC131's just cuz i was short on money at the time, sennheiser headsets are amazing, sound quality is great and the mic is good to