Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What computer skills do you have?

Wingless

I can (sometimes, successfully) use Adobe Photoshop, PaintTool SAI and that weird DeviantArt dA muro drawing program. I'm currently learning how to use a software programming language called Python, butgodisuck.

seriously, any Python help would be gr88888888888. pls&thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have gone to school for mostly everything listed below except for Photoshop. I am quite comfortable with what I mentioned below and would put myself between intermediate to very familiar. There are other things I have touched upon but wouldn't say I'm an expert in.

• Java
  • C#
  • Web Development (HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, LESS, Javascript, JQuery, PHP, Laravel, etc.)
  • Database (MySQL, Oracle)
  • Photoshop
  • Mobile App Dev (Native Android, Ionic)
  • Learning LUA
  • Git

Edited by Ryze

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently working on my computer engineering degree. Kind of a hardware geek i suppose. In the style of Ryze's post, here we go:

• x86 Assembly (Just don't ask me to write linker scripts)
  • C/C++ (my favorite)
  • Java
  • AI / Machine Learning (Most familiar with Torch, can use Tensorflow if needed)
  • Lua (Although using it makes me die inside)
  • Some Verilog
  • OS Development (Still trying to get process scheduling to work)
  • JavaScript (Mostly NodeJS)
  • C# if its a rainy day
  • Computer Hardware & Networking
  • Proud member of the Linux master race
  • Electrical engineering (made a 4 bit processor, although it only had like 4 instructions and could barely push 1MHz)

Currently planning to make a really terrible gpu with ttl logic. An adaptation of the one built by ben eater, but with actual sram (great channel if you want to learn about how computers work on the most basic level).

https://www.youtube.com/user/eaterbc

Edited by Techmo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

oh boy, I dabbled in most of the coding languages (about 1 semester per language).  I would of loved to learn python, but they changed the curriculum 1 semester before i was graduating, did some SQL stuff, had big projects for school to setup, configure, and run networking stuff.  (switches, routers, modems, firewalls, and computers) I've had to do IDS stuff and admin stuff, worked a lot with Linux, Linux servers, and windows servers.