Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rules for getting music turned off

Couch Crumbs

I haven never seen a server limit hldj. they have it either on, or off.

and ever ther jb had it off (we are unique and spammy)

Why not try some restrictions?

xG already has the ability to buy "HLDJ use" in their premium.

its enjoyable to you?? press shift and tab and open youtube or type !radio dont force us to listen to your music because not everyone likes the same kind

Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe could have added some swearing and some ad hominem attacks but you worded it quite nicely.

I hate to say it, but every thread involving HLDJ in some shape or form ALWAYS has to be derailed by the "remove it" movement. If it really pisses you off that badly, remove its functionality on the server or limit its usage to what JJK said a few posts up. I understand why some users dislike it, but there has been little effort (aside from JJK's experiment with it being off until 4 minutes) to change how it works in the server whatsoever so that it can be employed responsibly (see: new users on the server and those not in HG typically being the offenders).

The only time I personally suggest that we disable HLDJ completely is in threads like this, whereby people are asking for LESS restrictions on HLDJ.

I've personally, as well as JJK, have though of various methods of restricting HLDJ more, such as a "HLDJ Ban" (mute people that are banned from using hldj automatically), restricting it to admins, restricting it to 4:00, ect ect.

But all methods of restricting seem to have their own draw backs. If we limit HLDJ to admin only, everyone's going to come to the forums and beg for it back :/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe could have added some swearing and some ad hominem attacks but you worded it quite nicely.

:/

hahah thanks

the problem that i have with admin gets you hldj is that i see a lot of admins doing most of the spamming and when people say stop they dont and noone can mute them.

But all methods of restricting seem to have their own draw backs. If we limit HLDJ to admin only, everyone's going to come to the forums and beg for it back :/

Well, it's all in your (as in staff's) hands. You have a gist for those that use HLDJ responsibly and those that don't. Work it from there. Obviously, in a community like this, it's good to have input from various sources, but staff can't bend over backwards to placate certain users. As long as the server functions efficiently and those that utilize HLDJ as an aide and not a distraction are able to carry on as before, then I'm all for it.

who cares if they bitch for it back they were the ones who abused it...

Restricting HLDJ will effect both those who use it responsibly and those who don't.

So really, it's going to be those who use it responsible that are suffering because some assholes like to spam a lot.

So really, it's going to be those who use it responsible that are suffering because some assholes like to spam a lot.

Ok so a couple people will 'suffer'

for those couple poeple - is lowers a fun factor of the gameplay, because they get the down end of the stick.

The server did not get any worse. It just lacks that portion of fun from non admins that are responsible.

But on the other hand, you guarantee most of the spam is gone.

Fair trade imo

you lose a large amount of spam

Lets look at it in JJKMATH

100 (current server fun level)

-20 fun for non admin/non hg hldj

+50 spam prevention

that totals 420 !

see?

Abusers would be few adn easy to catch. Because they woudl have HAD to agree to admin TOS, or HG app rules not to spam it (assuming hldj is limited)

Ok so a couple people will 'suffer'

for those couple poeple - is lowers a fun factor of the gameplay, because they get the down end of the stick.

The server did not get any worse. It just lacks that portion of fun from non admins that are responsible.

But on the other hand, you guarantee most of the spam is gone.

Fair trade imo

you lose a large amount of spam

Lets look at it in JJKMATH

100 (current server fun level)

-20 fun for non admin/non hg hldj

+50 spam prevention

that totals 420 !

see?

Abusers would be few adn easy to catch. Because they woudl have HAD to agree to admin TOS, or HG app rules not to spam it (assuming hldj is limited)

haha jjk math seems hard

What I have seen personally, usually their are admins on the server and when the music becomes really annoying they mute it from many player request. However, when the music is needed for such games as dance, or war-days their is no problem. Personally my opinion I think the system is great how it is already and we shouldn't make it complicated.

but mccain how can we tell the difference (in the plugin) between the person simply queueing up their mic or queueing up a song for use through HLDJ. oh god logic. on a serious note off=off unless its disney. then off=louder.

That's actually really possible.. it's how HLDJ can be disabled on some servers..