Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

So a few days ago me and my girlfriend got into a fight and I threw my tv.... yes I know it was stupid, anyways after the few days of things calming down I decided to check up on my tv and noticed that the screen was all red so i thought for sure that I broke it but when I tried another tv it did the same thing (note my DVI - HMDI cable broke so I used a mini - normal hdmi for first time on this graphics card)

When I start the PC it skips the acer bios and goes straight to the windows bios letting me know i should do a system recovery, but when I chose to do a recovery it either freezes or just goes to a black screen and my tv's resolution will constantly change.

Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 520GT

Anyone know why this would be happening? or how to fix it?

(Photo of screen below)

post-14176-0-39862100-1371693321_thumb.jpg

Sound like something is either wrong with the cable or more likely with the card it self. I would try a different cable first. If that doesn't work, try a different graphics card if possible.

Got a new dvi to hdmi and it works fine but i dont get why the other one didn't work, it was brand new :/