Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Tf2 Valve Maps Server Suggestion

digitalshot

Valve just updated TF2 today and one of the updates they added to the game was an improvement in their Quickplay system.

HyrUVui.jpg

I am now in the process of putting out a regular TF2 stock server, but I want to hear some suggestions from you guys on what I should do/add to the server. I don't want to put this server out there and it's just a dull server that nobody will want to play. So post below what you want done to the server.

What I have done so far is:

• Server will rotate through payload and payload race maps (will change to other maps if you guys want like CTF or CP)
  • Server has instant respawn
  • Trash talk will be enabled at the end of the round
  • Server is only 24 players right now

• Like 1

Do we have two other spare servers so we could simultaneously test both CTF and CP for popularity? (in case case those, for whatever absurd reason, are more popular than PL and PLR =P)

Possibly. I'll just take down one of our empty servers if I have to. God knows we have a ton of those.

No No No! You're doing it all wrong..... First only run hoodoo then! add roll the dice and fast respwn.

in no time you have successful TF2 server and get all the bitches.

Edited by D1rty
  • Like 2

No No No! You're doing it all wrong..... First only run hoodoo then! add roll the dice and fast respwn.

in no time you have successful TF2 server and get all the bitches.

Why not a hoodoo server that will not change maps unless you rtv?

In my opinion, if you want a server to attract actual tf2 players and not people who are normally on valve servers, an f2p block would help that (pls do this) Otherwise, if you just want population regardless of the actual players then regular payload/plr rotation with maybe a couple cp/Ctf maps that could only be played with a vote would work. "24/7 Payload or vote"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm changing the Valve Maps #2 server into something different. Since Hal wants me to bump this thread, I'm going to call a vote here.

Question: What gamemode do you guys want in Valve Maps #2? CTF? CP? Or a combo of both CTF/CP?

Reason I'm doing this is because I want the Valve Maps #1 server to be our Payload server and #2 to be another gamemode so if you guys get bored of one you can switch to the other server without killing the population on Valve Maps #1 or #2