Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

For The Lulz In Mann Up

HalomasterA69

So I was on Mann Up kicking ass and then 3 people joined out of nowhere and became engineer. So I thought everything was fucked..But then me being stupid and silly I said "Everyone go Engi for the Lulz"..And sure enough:

post-25906-0-84322600-1405046308_thumb.jpg

Well..It ended up being the best decision we all have made. We completed each wave in under a minute and only a few turrets were destroyed.

post-25906-0-57092700-1405046457_thumb.jpg

Lessons learned here: Say fuck it and go Engi.

I read this and was like there's no way he beat each wave with 6 engineers. You can only do that on Boot Camp servers where all of the robots are pretty much set to retard mode. In Mann Up mode you cannot ever go 6 engineers unless you get extremely lucky and you have a very VERY competent team.

Looking at your screenshots you pretty much confirmed you're only playing Boot Camp from the name of the server you're in.

I read this and was like there's no way he beat each wave with 6 engineers. You can only do that on Boot Camp servers where all of the robots are pretty much set to retard mode. In Mann Up mode you cannot ever go 6 engineers unless you get extremely lucky and you have a very VERY competent team.

Looking at your screenshots you pretty much confirmed you're only playing Boot Camp from the name of the server you're in.

No this was on a Mann Up boot camp server.

I was going to go onto an official Mann Up server but I was just to tired.

I only join the boot camp servers to fuck around in and I never take boot camp seriously since no one knows what they are doing half the time.

But never would I fuck around on an official Mann Up server since its where the Die Hard's and people who take it seriously go, its where the real boys go.

No this was on a Mann Up boot camp server.

I was going to go onto an official Mann Up server but I was just to tired.

I only join the boot camp servers to fuck around in and I never take boot camp seriously since no one knows what they are doing half the time.

But never would I fuck around on an official Mann Up server since its where the Die Hard's and people who take it seriously go, its where the real boys go.

I think you're mixing up the terminology here. Boot Camp and Mann Up mode are two completely different things. Mann Up mode is where you buy tickets to play on Valve servers and earn loot (killstreak kits, Australiums) and the difficulty is ramped way the hell up. Mann Up mode is for people that have never played MvM before and want to practice to get the idea of the gamemode and it's also for people that are too poor to buy tickets. You don't get jack shit from playing Boot Camp. Also here's a screenshot of the Mann Vs. Machine selection screen.

Mys3srO.jpg?1

• Like 1

I think you're mixing up the terminology here. Boot Camp and Mann Up mode are two completely different things. Mann Up mode is where you buy tickets to play on Valve servers and earn loot (killstreak kits, Australiums) and the difficulty is ramped way the hell up. Mann Up mode is for people that have never played MvM before and want to practice to get the idea of the gamemode and it's also for people that are too poor to buy tickets. You don't get jack shit from playing Boot Camp. Also here's a screenshot of the Mann Vs. Machine selection screen.

Mys3srO.jpg?1

Ohh okay, I thought they were somewhat of the same thing since they were under the category "Co-Op" and MVM pretty much was built around co-op, thanks for clarifying it up! People on this community really need to loosen up. I find it funny how I made 1 mistake and I was told to shoot myself. I honestly find it hilarious.