Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggest Hunting Weaponry

(evko)KingSlayer

I usually don't use weapons, but when I do I like to keep it simple.

Throwing knives are good to take down wild pigs, i'm not sure if you have wallabies like i do here, if there are use a good old boomerang, these are good weapons if you don't want to go deaf or blind.

When I feel like eating deer or rabbit I usually let out my dire wolf

• Like 2

So just recently in the south hunting season just started. This year I plan on shooting my .22LR. The gun shoots very straight and can be very powerful depending on the ammunition you use. I prefer the hollow point ammunition when it comes to Feral Boar and squirrel hunting. I also have a 20 gauge shotgun made by Remington. The gun has a pretty stable kick but i can guarantee that the game wont have to suffer a painful death.

Hunting is a way of life for my family. I invite everyone to come hunt with me. I'll be hunting feral boar til hunting season ends. Occasionally hunting turkey and Hopefully getting a 5 Point Deer this year as well.

Edited by contagion

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439939376 I was thinking that and some really and I mean REALLY good headphones so I dont go deaf. But
.22LR. The gun shoots very straight and can be very powerful depending on the ammunition you use.
is actually not a bad idea I have used .22 rifles and they are usually good quality and reliable.
Throwing knives
This is also a nice idea for small game since im not planning on using something that would rip small game apart.
20 gauge shotgun made by Remington
Im not a shotgun guy but I think a 20 guage would be a nice backup. Thanks for the suggestions so far and other suggestions would be appreciated.

I've recently got my hunting license, and during the test and shooting trainings I have mainly shot clay pigeons with (I might spell it wrong as I'm not sure how its called in English)

Calibre 12-76 and occasionally 12/70 Over/Under shotgun limited to two bullets (Danish restrictions)

It does depend on what type of hunt you're going for though.

For sea hunt, ill strongly suggest a calibre 12 magnum pumpgum aka 12/89.

For forest and field hunts on bocks, fox and birds I'd use a s/s or o/u shotgun, as many of them has long range and very easy for beginners. I just shot 8/13 clay pigeons with a Beretta 12/70, and I do really recommend it however it all depends of type of hunt :)

Forgot to mention this is mostly for Danish hunters as the rules are different and more strict in certain parts compared to other countries.

Edited by Tut

I usually don't use weapons, but when I do I like to keep it simple.

Throwing knives are good to take down wild pigs, i'm not sure if you have wallabies like i do here, if there are use a good old boomerang, these are good weapons if you don't want to go deaf or blind.

When I feel like eating deer or rabbit I usually let out my dire wolf

Where in the world do you hunt?

As for throwing knives I don't really think its a legit weapon anywhere..

Boomerangs for hunts? Lol..

Where are you permitted to hunt with wolves? I can only let dogs assist me bringing the ducks from the flood onto the field to me.

Do you literally own a field or forest with free access for hunting deers? Invite me booi ;D

Where in the world do you hunt?

As for throwing knives I don't really think its a legit weapon anywhere..

Boomerangs for hunts? Lol..

Where are you permitted to hunt with wolves? I can only let dogs assist me bringing the ducks from the flood onto the field to me.

Do you literally own a field or forest with free access for hunting deers? Invite me booi ;D

Wolves are basically for self protection, we have cannibals here in Indonesia, head shrinkers and shit

• Like 1

I will be hunting in a foresty area and game varies from small to large.

That doesn't really help at all. The type of weapon is completely varied on what you're hunting. If you're hunting rabbit, it probably wouldnt be a good idea to use something high like .308 just like if you're hunting Deer you probably don't want to use a .22LR.

• Like 1

Can you guys explain me what .303 etc means in English?

I took my huntin license during half a year, and I'm meant to know all calibres but I don't know what .___ etc means same as gauge at shotguns.

We just say 12-76 as calibre 12 magnum shotgun..

Hope you understand me :)

I would suggest 308/7.62x51 for anything larger than a boar (possibly 270 or 260 depending on what you're hunting such as deer). For a boar I would suggest 7.62x39 or 300 blackout. Anything smaller than that I would suggest 223/5.56 or anything else 22 caliber (22-250, 22 wmr, etc.). If you're shooting squirrels, 22 LR. As far as birds go... <enter full list of shotgun rounds here>.

Edited by Bacardi151

Can you guys explain me what .303 etc means in English?

I took my huntin license during half a year, and I'm meant to know all calibres but I don't know what .___ etc means same as gauge at shotguns.

We just say 12-76 as calibre 12 magnum shotgun..

Hope you understand me :)

That is a complicated question. Usually .____ means that the bullet itself is .X" in diameter. When you start getting to the XX-YY rounds you're talking about early rounds that predate world war 1 (usually). The XX usually represents the size of bullet while the YY usually represents the size of catridge or year or something (what the universal meaning of YY is? you got me, someone else here may be able to explain more than me). Shotgun is in gauge, which (like the size of your pipes or the size of a tattoo artist's ear plug) measures the size of the shell. The smaller the number, the larger the round. With that said, there are different types of shot (also getting larger and the number gets smaller). 00 buckshot is precisely that, shot large enough to take down a buck (and quite fantastic for taking down a human). Hope that helps clear some things up. One good source is Wikipedia (yes, Wikipedia is quite the reliable source for such things)

Teaser: What is the difference between a 30-30 and a 30-06?

EDIT:

An AAxBB round means that the bullet is AA mm in diameter and the cartridge is BB mm in length. (5.56x45 = .223*) *most of the time

Edited by Bacardi151

• 1 month later...
Im afraid if you drop that your going to slice your dick off
^^

Here is my 0.02. I've grown up on the farm and hunted all my life. The two firearms I have used the most for hunting are my .22LR and my Remington 1100 12ga shot gun. The .22 is good for small game (squirrel, rabbit, birds if your good) and the 12 ga is good for birds and large game when used with slugs. A good slug gun will allow you to shoot 200-300 yards comfortably, shots longer than that take a very precise rifle and skill. Basically a lot of shooting at the range... A LOT. (I used to do it). If you really want a challenge and have fun hunting you should pick up a compound bow. Deer hunting with a bow drops your lethal range to under 100 yards, and comfortably lethal range to about 50 yards. Plus no ammo and no special permits or rules.

Small game a 22 rifle

Large game a .30-30 Winchester or .30-06 Springfield rifle (aka 30 aught six)

Or a 12 gauge with a rifled barrel and slug rounds.

Duck you need a 20 or 12 gauge shotgun with a smooth barrel

Try this place. Great prices on everything.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢