Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Minecraft Server Suggestion Thread

Shot

If you were to add the McMMO plugin to the server, people will be more inclined to keep playing. You would have to tweak it to fit the theme of the server however, which I can help with.

I will post more information about it later, I have a lot of experience with running minecraft servers and would really like to help out.

• Like 1

If you were to add the McMMO plugin to the server, people will be more inclined to keep playing. You would have to tweak it to fit the theme of the server however, which I can help with.

I will post more information about it later, I have a lot of experience with running minecraft servers and would really like to help out.

It takes away the survival aspect...

McMMO_______________________________

McMMO does nothing but add to the survival aspect of the game. Having it will make playing the server a bit more competitive. You will be able to see other players in the top 10 lists for each skill and train skills to pass each other.

Some skills will obviously have to be nerfed, mostly the combat skills. swords, axes, unarmed, and archery can all be extremely overpowered against an untrained opponent, so they should definitely be disabled. most of the other skills, such as mining, herbalism, alchemy, etc give the play more reasons to keep playing. The leveling system rewards people for doing things that they wouldnt normally do in vanilla. It doesn't change the game, it just makes play last longer.

World border_____________________________

A world border must be implemented. Infinite worlds are great and all, but they can only cause harm. The use of a world border focuses players to a smaller area, promoting both pvp and collaboration. This will also limit the world size, preventing the files from becoming annoyingly large.

1.8 has implemented world borders in vanilla, and works well.

Grief Protection________________________________

We must have some form of actual grief protection.

The best way to allow players to protect their house on their own would be a plugin like this: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/grief-prevention/

Claim blocks like the ones in this plugin will offer players limited protection of their homes, and can be configured how you see fit.

Combat logger_______________________________

Implement an actual combat logging system, rules need to be enforced.