Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Minecraft Dynamic Map

Shot

Our HG Minecraft Server is currently using Dynamic Map. Its along the lines of Having Google maps on Minecraft with player GPS. With that being said this also shows the Real time location/movement of players. Before this gets passed around I want to inform everyone a few commands in order to hide/show themselves ahead of time before this link/map gets passed around.

If you want to hide yourself from the Dynamic map you would type:

/Dynmap Hide

If you wanted to show your location in the Dynamic map then you would type:

/Dynmap Show

I hope everyone will be well informed about this mod. If you have any Questions, you can message me on the forums.

Dynmap has now been configured for the following; - No more cave system view. Sorry guys - Player's names and faces have been hidden from view. To view yourself in the world, use /dynmap webregister. That's all folks

This is a pvp server right? With raiding? With that being said, why do we have dynmap?

I can't come up with one decent reason to leave player location on in dynmap, but if it is left on, it is necessary that you put player location off by default. Saying you put it on the forums is simply not enough. Also, the whole thing where now I can't build above ground without someome finding my base easily. Don't tell me to just build underground, why the hell would I want to build underground?

Dynmap was not intended for pvp servers. If you think otherwise, I would invite you to find me a successful pvp server that has dynmap and shows player locations.

Yes, its a cool little map, but its really not helping the pvp/factions aspect of the server in any way. I've played Minecraft pvp servers for longer than I care to admit and have been the owner/ one of the top admins on many different servers so this isn't just a rought estimate, I know that this is just a bad idea.

• Like 1