Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Tutorial] Optifine+Minimap Mod In Minecraft 1.8

UnPrePared_

So yesterday I was figuring out how to have these 2 mods running at the same time and got it worked.

Minimap is really usefull to have because you can see mobs, coordinates and you can set waypoints!

OptiFine gives you more options for your video settings aka FPS boost! (You can zoom in aswell)

I went from 60FPS to around 140 constant FPS

So I'm going to make a quick tutorial for you guys to have this as well:)

1. Download Liteloader mod.

2. Run the program and let it install (Make sure minecraft is not running)

3. Now start minecraft and let the profile with the liteload mod run.

4. Close minecraft.

5. Download Zan's minimap (make sure you choose 1.8) and OptiFine (MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL THE INSTALLER OF OPTIFINE JUST ONLY HAVE THE FILE ON YOUR DESKTOP).

6. Open up the %appdate% directory (Windows key + R and typ %appdata% hit enter) and go to your .minecraft directory.

7. Open the .minecraft directory and go to mods, click 1.8 open and drag the zan's minimap and OptiFine files in it.

8. Start minecraft and enjoy!

How to fix some issues!

If it didn't work and you minecraft keeps crashing or doesn't even start up, here are some fixes.

1. Go to your %appdata%. (Windows key + R and typ %appdata% hit enter)

2. Delete your .minecraft directory. (BE AWARE THAT YOU DELETE EVERTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE IN MINECRAFT IE: SINGLEPLAYER WORLD, RECOURCE PACKS, IP ADRESSES FROM SERVER, SETTINGS ETC. SO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE BACK-UPS)

3. Start minecraft up (this makes a new clean .minecraft directory for you.)

4. Repeat the steps in the tutorial.

Max FPS boost settings with OptiFine!

For maximum FPS use:

- Graphics: Fast

- Render Distance: Short/Tiny

- Smooth Lighting: OFF

- Performance: Max FPS

- AdvancedOpenGL: Fast

- Clouds: OFF

- Fog: OFF

- Animations: All OFF

- Sky: OFF

- Stars: OFF

http://www.minecraft...-textures-aa-af

If you still have any issues or question just ask :)

EDIT: I will keep this thread updated as possible.

I'm not responsible if something bad happens to your minecraft or PC if you didn't follow the steps.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 2

If it didn't work and you minecraft keeps crashing or doesn't even start up, here are some fixes.

1. Go to your %appdata%. (Windows key + R and typ %appdata% hit enter)

2. Delete your .minecraft directory.

3. Start minecraft up (this makes a new clean .minecraft directory for you.)

4. Repeat the steps in the tutorial.

Just be sure that if you have any single player world saves that you would like to keep, you will need to make a copy of "saves' because deleting the .minecraft directory will delete your world if you did not drag it out.

Just be sure that if you have any single player world saves that you would like to keep, you will need to make a copy of "saves' because deleting the .minecraft directory will delete your world if you did not drag it out.

Pretty sure you can save that world directory in dropbox or just on your desktop or you make a new directory for it :P forgot to mention that will change it in OP.