Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Car Accident

XxwonderbredxX

The other day I got in a car accident in Downtown Chicago cause taxis don't know how to look to see if someone is in the lane they're trying to get into. The fucker blamed it on me, smh. So, I don't have my baby until the end of this coming week. My insurence is covering it ($1,200) and I gotta pay a $250 deductable.

uCjoSrn.jpg

ZndXbAr.jpg

And this is the taxi

T5HEf2x.jpg

Dang thats some expensive damage

Lets say it could have been worse.

Oh that's cheap. I had to pay $500 deductible when I hit a patch of ice and rammed into a curb at 15 mph. Misaligned the wheel, cracked the solid rim, etc. Ended up around ~3,500

Yeah, but like you said, yours was more expensive. But what else fucked up? cause a alignment and a rim shouldn't be that much. Unless you had a fucking expensive ass rim.

It is unfortunate but from what I have heard and know any time someone hits someone else from behind even if it is clearly caused by person in front the insurance companies will always blame the following vehicle. Learned this one the hard way.

Sorry to hear I hope everything goes well with repairs.

Fight your ticket don't just pay and take it to court and go after the cab company.

Was about to say didn't you tell the insurance company to go after the taxi company's?

Why are you paying your insurance company? The taxi's cab should be paying for the accident. It was his fault.

I agree here you should have the taxi service pay for the damage and your insurance company!

[spoiler=To Fry:]I will never stop quoting you!

Nobody recived a ticket, so nobody was blamed. The officer said I'm lucky she didn't get a ticket for improper lane changing. So pretty much, there's not much to go about. I'm not gonna go through the trouble of fighting. The guy is probly getting fired anyway, since this was his third accident.

I'm okay, that's all that counts.

• Like 1

Nobody recived a ticket, so nobody was blamed. The officer said I'm lucky she didn't get a ticket for improper lane changing. So pretty much, there's not much to go about. I'm not gonna go through the trouble of fighting. The guy is probly getting fired anyway, since this was his third accident.

I'm okay, that's all that counts.

Tickets dont need to be issued. She hit you, you need to get all her info and makes your insurance company go after her insurance.

Tickets dont need to be issued. She hit you, you need to get all her info and makes your insurance company go after her insurance.

Apparently here, whoever is issued a ticket is the one at fault.. That's what I took from this experience..

You still want to file with the cab company a letter of intent to sue to see if they will pay you a settlement, if not go to court and clean up.

We already did the claim for my car and payed for the deductible. i don't know. My mom is normally on this type of shit and would go to the person who caused the problem, but she didn't this time. I guess I'll ask my mom to file a claim to them. But that doesn't help that my premium went up (I think it did).

Apparently here, whoever is issued a ticket is the one at fault.. That's what I took from this experience..

We already did the claim for my car and payed for the deductible. i don't know. My mom is normally on this type of shit and would go to the person who caused the problem, but she didn't this time. I guess I'll ask my mom to file a claim to them. But that doesn't help that my premium went up (I think it did).

Oh yeah it did, now matter if your not at fault, it will.

Like Colonel Potter said. Fight it, otherwise your insurance will go up for 5 years if it's your fault.

It's called CLUES and it's run by LexisNexis.

Try to get the cops to issue them a ticket for improper lane change. IF he won't do it, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioNâ„¢

This is proof that neither women nor autists can't drive.

It's a double whammy.

It was a man, the woman was the cop that told me I was lucky she didn't give me the improper lane change ticket.

In Chicago taxi's can't drive for SHIT.

Like Colonel Potter said. Fight it, otherwise your insurance will go up for 5 years if it's your fault.

It's called CLUES and it's run by LexisNexis.

Try to get the cops to issue them a ticket for improper lane change. IF he won't do it, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Tickets can be given a week later?

You still want to file with the cab company a letter of intent to sue to see if they will pay you a settlement, if not go to court and clean up.

Last night I got a letter from the insurance company that insures the taxi company, I gotta fill a sheet out so they can figure out what we're gonna do and shit

It was a man, the woman was the cop that told me I was lucky she didn't give me the improper lane change ticket.

In Chicago taxi's can't drive for SHIT.

Tickets can be given a week later?

Last night I got a letter from the insurance company that insures the taxi company, I gotta fill a sheet out so they can figure out what we're gonna do and shit

1.Yes they can send tickets thru the mail

2. Don't fill anything from their insurance company unless you understand it that's 100% no doubts, if you don't or have doubts get a lawyer.

Edited by Colonel Potter M.D.

1.Yes they can send tickets thru the mail

2. Don't fill anything from their insurance company unless you understand it that's 100% no doubts, if you don't or have doubts get a lawyer.

Oh shit, never knew that.

I'll post a picture of the letter and form I gotta fill out. And tell me what you think I should do. And I'll take your advice into consideration.