Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Garry's Mod Gamemode?

So... I've been on HG for a while and noticed a certain game mode missing from GMOD, a game that i enjoy playing a lot

Trouble in Terrorist Town

For those of you who don't know what Trouble in Terrorist Town is, Ill explain it to you the best i can :D TL;DR - scroll down

• Basics

At the beginning of the round, there is a warm up time for everyone to grab guns and ammo, this warm up time is usually 30 seconds however can be changed if wished. At the end of the warm up, each person will be assigned a role either Innocent, Detective or (my personal favorite) Traitor. The ratio is usually 1 detective every 3 traitors, and 1 traitor every 5 players (4 innocents and 1 traitor)

All detectives will be highlighted when aimed at with the detective name under their health status as well as having a blue color by their name on the scoreboard. They will also have a blue voice chat indicator do display that a detective is talking

A round is won when all traitors are dead or all other players, besides traitors, have been killed.

A detectives job is to kill all the traitors and ensure the survival of trusted innocents, A Traitors job is to kill every player on the map (besides allied traitors) and Innocents jobs are to help the detectives find the traitors (or just fuck around like whutevz)

When a person is killed, a rag doll appears in the place of where the player once stood and, well, rag dolls to imitate death. Their body will remain as an "Unidentified Body" until identified. Both detectives and innocents will not know whether all players are alive, and have to rely on the confirmed deaths. The dead person will still be marked as alive in the scoreboard until identified where then they will be marked as dead when a player views the scoreboard

(sry for small size)

When a person dies, they will emit a shout sound or a grunt depending on the death (Unless they were killed with a silenced weapon, which eliminates the scream). When a body is identified, you will see the following hud

The I :

This is the role that the dead person was assigned, the I meaning innocent, a D meaning detective and a T meaning traitor. When a body is identified it is displayed on the top right of a players hud displaying A. who found the body, B. Whether they were I, D, or T and C. Any kills they made on players who weren't already identified as dead. Hence why identifying bodies are important.

The shotgun :

This is the weapon that the player was killed with, if they were killed by a shotgun, an assault rifle etc. Also if a player was killed due to fall damage or drowning, a skull would display rather than a weapon

The 1:03 :

This is how long the player was dead, self explanatory

The silencer / The headshot :

These are extra indications to help identify how the person was killed, the silencer indicates the player was killed with a silenced weapon, the headshot indicates he was killed by a shot to the head. Various icons can appear depending on how the player died

• What do i do? (For people who don't know already)

So after you are assigned your role you'll probably wonder what your job is.

Traitor :

A traitors job is to kill everyone on the map, excluding your fellow traitors of course. You have access to a shop which can help you in cleaning up the players of the map (More on that later). Kill everyone you can, either go down in a massive gunfight which might lead to RDM once someone kills you, or go sneaky beaky like and assassinate everyone, one by one, hitman style. Just don't die, communicate with your team and kill :D

Detective :

Your job as a detective is to kill all the traitors and save as many innocents as you can. You have standard body armor meaning you will take less damage from bullets, You also come equipped with a DNA scanner, which allows you to detect the killer of the body, the scanner will give you the killers location every interval (30 seconds). You also have a shop which can aid in you killing traitors and helping Innocents live (More on that late) You also have priority, meaning you can call KOS's on people if you believe you have enough evidences against a certain individual.

Innocent :

As an innocent, your job is kind of boring. You walk around the map just waiting to die. However you can still achieve victory and aid the detectives in a way, You can stick with the detective (If you're trusted), You can kill suspected traitors and if all else fails, camp until the round ends :D . Innocents don't have access to special shops and can also be called KOS if you performed certain, traitorous actions such as; killing another innocent without good reason; walking passed un-ID'ed bodies

• Certain binds which are important to the game

Q - Weapon drop :

Important because what if you pick up a knife, which is a traitor weapon, then you want to drop it to avoid acting suspicious. Or you're a traitor who killed someone with a shotgun and you don't want to be seen with a shotgun, so drop the shotgun :) Many uses

C - Equipment window :

This is for both detectives and traitors, the equipment window provides extra items that give certain advantages to the player such as radar with the traitors or healing station for the detectives

Shift - Traitor voice chat :

Obviously this one is only for traitors, and useful too. What if you want to kill someone and there is a fellow traitor near you to act as "cover up". Or you want to warn your fellow traitors to not go into certain territory due to traps and / or un-identified bodies

X - Global voice chat :

If you're an Innocent and just saw the detective get shanked right before your very eyes and you're too slow to type it, what do you do? Squeak it all over voice chat :D

F1 - Help window :

If you are new to the game, the F1 command shows you a very, VERY brief overview of the game

Suit Zoom - Quick chat :

Just saw a D get shanked? No mic? Quick chat it, Quick chat is basiclly a radio, just like in cs:go / cs:s where you can say certain commands like "Un-identified body spotted" or "<insert name> is a traitor!"

• The Point Shop

The pointshop provides helpful items which can aid into winning the round. Detectives are provided with 2 points at the beginning of the round whilst Traitors start off with 3, Detectives and Traitors earn points by doing what they're supposed to be doing. They can also loot points off the corpses of dead detectives and traitors

Traitor Shop :

Body Armor : Automatically equipped when purchased, reduces the amount of damage taken by 30%

Radar : Scans and detects all life displaying their breif location and their distance from the player, Detectives will be blue circles while fellow traitors will be red (only a traitor can see other traitors)

Disguiser : Used to hide the identity of the person. When aimed at, no name will display. This item is KOS able on use however requires compelling proof

Knife : Instantly kill anyone, regardless of health and armor. No sound will be made and the knife can be thrown using the RMB

Flare Gun : Used to dispose of corpses, setting a corpse alight will rid of it from the map, making it unfindable

C4 : When equipped, LMB to drop or RMB to attach to a wall, pressing E will bring up the menu allowing you to either destroy, arm or pick up the C4, a custom timer can be set and the longer the timer is, the bigger the explosion and the more wires cut cause it to explode. To disarm a active C4, someone must press E on it and cut any of the non-explosive wires, otherwise the C4 will detonate early

Decoy : Can be used to either prevent DNA tracking or deploy it, similar to a C4, to appear as a life form on a radar

Radio : Similar to a C4 in terms of deploying. When deployed it will elimitate all sounds by playing an even louder one in an area, Players in the area won't hear footsteps, screams, explosions, C4 beeping and gunshots. It can also be used as a sound maker, to imitate sounds of gunshots and C4 beeping

Silenced Pistol : Uses regular pistol ammo, all shots are silenced and victims will not scream when shot to death

Jihad : Self C4, like the C4 in CS:GO JB except with a 3 second arm time. When a person equips a Jihad and LMBs, there will be the lalalalala track played then at the end of the track, boom. All players in a small radius of the explosion are killed, the further away you are the less damage you take and the less push force you take too

Detective Shop :

(Others, can't find the icons. Sry)

Body Armor : Automatically equipped when purchased, reduces the amount of damage taken by 30%

Radar : Scans and detects all life displaying their breif location and their distance from the player, fellow detectives will be blue circles while everyone else is marked with a green circle

Healing station : A microwave with a charge of 200, each charge point is 1hp and everyone can heal from them by pressing E, everyone. The more people using a Health station at once means the charges will deplete at the same rate however will supply slower health to those obtaining healing. Healing points charge overtime and a healing station can be destroyed if shot at many times

There are plenty of items to choose from, there are even more that i haven't mentioned if the Godmins and Mods wish to add those in too.

• Community

This part is for the people who wish to buy stuff on the server such as player models etc. I will leave most of this to the admins, but I'll state the basics

There will be a point shop, you can earn points points by participating in your role, surviving a round and just playing in general. You can use the points to get cosmetics and upgrade your player models with trails, hats, backs, tails and (hopefully) even player models! Some items in the store should be VIP+.

People who buy admins *cough* paidmins *cough* Have similar admin comands to those in JB, If an innocent is caught RDM-ing (Killing without reason) then he will get a slay on the NEXT rounds. Note how it says next, meaning he will live for the current round however will be slayed at the beginning of the next one. There are also the obvious of the bans and the kicks but those are for non-game related offenses. Also admins can set multiple slay for mutiple rounds. For example if an innocent kills 3 people, give him a 3 round slay. Something like that (I woulnd't actually know since I'm not an admin myself)

TL;DR

30 Second warm up each round, after warm up people get roles, Innocent, Detective or Traitor. The detectives try to find and kill the traitors while the traitors try to kill everyone else. The Traitors have a shop which can help in killing and the Detectives have a shop which can help in finding the Traitors and healing the innocents. If you're an innocent, gg boring round incoming. Traitors win if all detectives and innocents are dead, Innocents win if all traitors are dead. There will be a !shop where you can buy stuff, there will be VIP+ items also. Admins can slay RDM-ers (Killing for no reason) for the rounds to come and the amounts of the slays will vary from the severity of the offence. Have fun :D

I know i probably missed on a hundred other things about TTT, but hopefully you get the basic idea :D hope this gamemode gets implemented, because i'd definitely play it. Also note that any of these mechanics and numbers can be changed at will, it's not set in stone :D

• Like 1

As far as i can remember there was a huge hype like now,but if we make a TTT,its gonna be crowded for the next 2 weeks,after that,everybody will loose the fun of it.Thats the sad thruth.

And instead of a TTT Server,we could maybe think of something else which every Player could like,maybe a Cinema Server.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...