Quantcast

• Create Account
288 players in 37 servers, 284 users online, 22 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Dec
    Pongo

alright, next person to steal my screenshot for Day 10 is getting fucking banned

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

Counter-Strike: Source - Crackhouse Map Changes

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Cuba and Canada

As I alluded to in the 24/7 Crackhouse thread, we're entertaining the idea of making some changes to the existing css crackhouse map and potentially bringing over some features from the CSGO Crackhouse Map that was updated by jhood. If you haven't seen the CSGO Crackhouse server, you should check it out. The map is a lot of fun.

Here are some of my recommendations.
  • Balance the map so it's more "even". Currently the map is heavily CT sided.
  • Add some of the additions that were introduced to the CSGO map (tunnels, new area behind t house, etc...)
  • Update textures and graphics

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not very active on this server. I used to play it every night but my time is split between many other servers now.  We are looking for feedback from everyone who plays on this server.

If you have suggestions on how the map could be improved, please share them with us.
If you like the map the way that it is and don't wan't to see any modifications, it's important we hear from you too.

We're looking for constructive feedback about potential map changes. Please govern yourselves accordingly.

Sirius

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

CS:S Moderator

• 309 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

**Map Suggestion**

I've played on a couple Crackhouse Maps that had these and it evened out the sides better and was pretty fun.  Do one, or all.  :)

1.  A tunnel from the back of the CT garage to the lower back room of the Crackhouse.  Entrance/Exit is via a manhole/ladder, and the tunnel has water in it so you can hear people coming (ankle-high water so it makes a sloshing sound)
2.  The Neutral Building 1st floor becomes another garage with the entrance being the alley which is perpendicular to the front entrance of the crackhouse.  The entrance should be a double-door which opens and closes automatically if you get near it.  You can fill this garage with boxes, etc. like the CT garage.
3.  A 2nd tunnel from the back alley behind the Crackhouse to the first floor of the Neutral garage near the back corner somewhere, maybe behind boxes.  The tunnel entrance behind the crackhouse is a slop down, but the tunnel entrance in the Neutral Building is a manhole/ladder.  This tunnel is also filled with ankle-high water that makes a sloshing sound.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, August 6 2015 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image

crackhead

crackhead

Friend of HG

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I like the 1st and 3rd points brought up as great ideas.

On the 2nd point, I feel that makes it a completely different map and one of the biggest reasons people stil come to this server is because it hasn't changed but that's just my opinion. I say leave this map as is with just the 1st and 3rd points being addressed if anything.

I'll play the CS GO map if I want the added map changes but I'll come back to this one because of the way it aready is.  

My 2 cents.

Tex

Tex

CS:S Division Staff

• 84 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
I play this server quite frequently, Its my main server. A good idea would be to try out the changes on the map on a different server but leave this one open and alone to see where people migrate the furthest to. The map with the most people wins. I say let the regulars decide. put a notice in the motd about the new map. alot of people come to crackhouse because its unchanged. yes it is heavily ct sided but thats what makes one a better player, by playing the T side. I ve already gotten alot of msgs concerning the changes that mainly state to keep it the same. I say let the regulars vote, the two maps active idea should give an indication of what people want.

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 309 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

other suggestions:

-random spawn would help take care of campers
-colored smoke
-damage given indicator
Posted Image

The Weeknd

The Weeknd

Friend of HG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Leave it alone.  The reason I've come back to it after all of these months and the reason it's so addicting is because it hasn't changed.

Leave it be... MAYBE a tunnel leading from the T building to the CT garage would be nice but that would filter traffic away from the main entrance.

Fatty Matty

Fatty Matty

Friend of HG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
I'm game for a little balance. The majority of folks that will be against this are those that solely camp neutral on CT to gain rank with ease. Those who like a challenge will probably welcome changes

jonmac5037

jonmac5037

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Locationon HG Bans Page
When it comes to crackhouse I look into perspective as CTs will just camp to keep their VIP they "earned" and Ts just have balls running out of that house.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jesse Winchester

Jesse Winchester

Friend of [HG]

• Pip
  • 8 posts
24/7 Crackhouse is my main server and I can be found there pretty regularly, usually playing both sides. So far I have enjoyed the existing map. Still, I haven't played the other versions of the map so much – I briefly tried out the CSGO Crackhouse Map but wasn't that big a fan.

Later on I stumbled upon War-Lord.net's version of the Crackhouse map, though. It's pretty fun to play as it is slightly modified but not overly so. Mainly there are just some big-ass crates scattered around the crucial areas that are often targeted by snipers (like the neutral roof and the terrorist roof) which made it easier for players to explore the map without being shot all the time by snipers from odd angles.

Edited by Jesse Winchester, September 4 2015 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,455 posts

View PostJesse Winchester, on September 4 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

24/7 Crackhouse is my main server and I can be found there pretty regularly, usually playing both sides. So far I have enjoyed the existing map. Still, I haven't played the other versions of the map so much – I briefly tried out the CSGO Crackhouse Map but wasn't that big a fan.

Later on I stumbled upon War-Lord.net's version of the Crackhouse map, though. It's pretty fun to play as it is slightly modified but not overly so. Mainly there are just some big-ass crates scattered around the crucial areas that are often targeted by snipers (like the neutral roof and the terrorist roof) which made it easier for players to explore the map without being shot all the time by snipers from odd angles.

I've never played there before but spent some time playing that map this afternoon. The crates make a big difference in game play, that's for sure.

nizate

nizate

Friend of [HG]

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

View PostTex, on August 7 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

I play this server quite frequently, Its my main server. A good idea would be to try out the changes on the map on a different server but leave this one open and alone to see where people migrate the furthest to. The map with the most people wins. I say let the regulars decide. put a notice in the motd about the new map. alot of people come to crackhouse because its unchanged. yes it is heavily ct sided but thats what makes one a better player, by playing the T side. I ve already gotten alot of msgs concerning the changes that mainly state to keep it the same. I say let the regulars vote, the two maps active idea should give an indication of what people want.

Many players have MOTD blocked, maybe as a advert message?

View PostKiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, on August 10 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

other suggestions:

-random spawn would help take care of campers
-colored smoke
-damage given indicator

Random spawn +1 but then again for such a small map it would be insane... Then again, isn't that what crackhouse is all about?

View PostJesse Winchester, on September 4 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

I will have to try out this map.  If anyone knows of a popular server running this map please PM (not post publically) the IP.

As far as changes to the current map:
Neutral is nice as is, I would like to see another entrance to the room that is only enterable via the hall down neutral in the house.  The awkwardness of the house as is, makes it hard for Ts to navigate quickly in the case of a rusher or two camping in one of those rooms... Although for rushers that is the ultimate place.

A main issue I see, and this is very common, is snipers vs snipers on neutral, that is cool, I like it.  BUT then you get CTs who only camp on T roof, they will run into the rooms and make movement forward in neutral damn near impossible.  CT campers on T roof ensures there is NO escape route for Ts.  At this point it becomes awp and die, or try rushing downstairs and die.  If you jump out the windows you either get shot from a sniper or from the campers on T roof... And they run in mobs up there.

So all in all, I do not mind the map as is besides that freakin ladder on the backside of the crackhouse, there should be 1 way to get on the roof, the ladder was never intended to be used as it is now.  This would be a minute change to the map, but a definite change in gameplay.
Posted Image

Hydranix_

Hydranix_

• 61 posts
  • Locationroot@127.0.0.1
I've played at the wL crackhouse dm server twice now. Once about 2 years ago when our server was dead, and a couple weeks ago when HG went down for half a day.

Their version of crackhouse, with it's enormous bulletprood crates all over the place seemed to have gone a bit too far. Ignoring the complete ugliness of it, I think they could have had a good idea there, had they reduced the amount of crate spam to around 2-3, instead of over 20.

A few ideas for our crackhouse map that I've been thinking about would be:
  • Add a single, unbreakable board to the window facing neutral. The hallway of death window. Placed not so much that it obscures the snipers view, but so that the sniper has to be slightly more careful when taking the shot, to ensure he misses the board, which would otherwise do just short of enough damage to kill when hitting anything but the head.
  • Bring back props. They added a very fun dynamic to the map which could be used carefully to gain an edge, or to just be an asshat, albeit harmlessly (the bedframe).
  • Move the neutral ladder slightly closer to the CT spawn side. When a good T, or a couple Ts are able to kill the CT(s) guarding neutral, and reach the top of the neutral before the CT can respawn and pop around the corner seems a little unfair. Ts reaching neutral is probably the most diffcult accomplishment this map offers, and rightly so. When Ts hold neutral the CTs are fucked. And if the Ts get ahold of all 3 roofs, the CTs usually all leave and the server population suffers for several hours after that, or doesn't recover. This doesn't happen often, but its disappointing when it does.
  • Increase the distance on neutral between the "safe-zone" (behind the wall) and the vent vantage point. If you pull knife and dash from the wall to the vents, its nearly impossible to hit you even if the spot is being watched closely. Being the only vantage point on the map with zero weaknesses, it shouldn't be 99% safe to reach. I would achieve this by removing a bit of the "wall" side of the spot, and leave the vents side just as it is.
  • When restricting weapons, make sure the guns plugin is aware of the restriction and doesn't list the restricted guns, but more importantly, using random weapons doesn't select a restricted gun, leaving you without a primary more often than not.
-Hydra

Edited by Hydranix_, February 8 2016 - 07:16 PM.

loser

loser

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I would just remove the ladder from the crackhouse and not change anything else

jonmac5037

jonmac5037

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Locationon HG Bans Page
No that ladder is really helpful especially when CTs are camping.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,455 posts

View PostHydranix_, on February 8 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

I've played at the wL crackhouse dm server twice now. Once about 2 years ago when our server was dead, and a couple weeks ago when HG went down for half a day.

Their version of crackhouse, with it's enormous bulletprood crates all over the place seemed to have gone a bit too far. Ignoring the complete ugliness of it, I think they could have had a good idea there, had they reduced the amount of crate spam to around 2-3, instead of over 20.

I missed this reply completely.... sorry about that.

Great feedback. Let me make sure the CSS and mapping team sees this and weighs in.

Sirius

Pipsi

Pipsi

Registered Users

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBehind you. Nope. In front of you. I'm behind you again.
I think the crackhouse map is perfect just the way it is. The right solution may be lowering the amount of players on the server because at the moment whenever more than 30 people are on it starts becoming a cluster fuck. I think that this change would help and improve the game play. But I would understand if you went with the idea of changing the layout instead of player count.

Posted Image

Venom™

Venom™

Banned

• 166 posts
  • LocationCanada

Or we should do an expansion if at all possible.. do a crackhouse_dm_unlimited. Then the 30+ players won't be an issue as much anymore.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~~Want To Join HG Apply Today!~~

~~Want To Help HG Servers Run Smoothly Purchase Admin Today!~~

~'Someone Abusing There Power, Or Do You Feel Someone Is Bullying You, [Be Cautious When Doing This] Report Abuse Here'~

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 309 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View Postsirius, on March 5 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

I missed this reply completely.... sorry about that.

Great feedback. Let me make sure the CSS and mapping team sees this and weighs in.

Sirius

How about the Crackhouse 2013 map I posted in the another thread?   It has some nice vandage points.  http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/175931
Posted Image

SoTa

SoTa

Banned

• 114 posts
  • LocationEglin AFB, FL
I believe that changing the map slightly wouldn't keep people from playing. Adding a little balance to the map would be welcomed by most. Especially if it made it a little bit more balanced. The only people that will complain are the skill-less CT snipers who camp 1 window the entire time they play. I agree that it does present a challenge for T's, but having the possibility of a T flanking you via an alternate route would definitely increase the fun. If the server was smaller, then I would say keep it the same, but there's over 30 players on most of the time, and sometimes it can be too crazy. I see people join, forced to join T, and then leave because they can't leave the house. Having 1, maybe 2, more routes out of the house/aroung the map would definitely be good the server in my opinion.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
4:38 PM - [HG] B3LL!CUS: but i had the worse dream last night >.> all i got to say
4:38 PM - [HG] B3LL!CUS: fuck you
4:38 PM - [HG] B3LL!CUS: my death is by you
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-hg- B3LL!CUS: but there's an error in the motd
-hg- B3LL!CUS: Terrorists must try to accomplish the objective. CTs may defend garage
-hg- B3LL!CUS: wait nvm...
-hg- B3LL!CUS: fail on my part
-hg- SoTa #USAF: ...
-hg- B3LL!CUS: you dont hear me say "fail on my part" very often lol
-hg- SoTa #USAF: That's why this is going in my Signature.
-hg- B3LL!CUS: ass
-hg- SoTa #USAF: and that.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
<19:05:28> "SpawnMatrix" was banned for 1 second from the server by "SuperSkreech" (racist)
-hg- POOP: WONT THAT HURT
-hg- SoTa #USAF: prob
-hg- SoTa #USAF: #NotTryingIt
-hg- POOP: LOL
-hg- POOP: WHAT IS THE GUMMY BEARS ONE
-hg- SoTa #USAF: XD
-hg- POOP: I DOT GET IT

Fortis

Fortis

Lead Director of Gaming Divisions

• 1,529 posts
  • LocationArcher's Chamji

Thanks all for your opinions, I will talk with our mapping team to see what we can do to incorporate all of your suggestions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImageCredit for this amazing signature goes to Scrubbubbles!

View PostTvR.Frank-hg-, on March 21 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

i want to use my FreeBee i read the command this time for about 5 days reapeated and ill stop abusing and me Frank  i promess to stop abusing and usin my FreeBee for the ban of permanent infinity oh by slaying my self it was because i freekill arya i kicked by my self by accident press wrong number and about T-listen it was he was abusing killing us and he dindt wanned to be lead when he had a mic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users