Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Strategy Division Dead?

Sunbeh

Strategy division wasn't really ever "alive", at the moment it isn't considered a division, it's a "Community Group". There are plenty of people around that could still play strategy games with.

It's pretty difficult trying to maintain and recruit members for strat as you would need constant events and tournaments. If you are really looking to to try and advance the division, you can always make an interest in leadership application. If we have the right people for it we could bring strat. Some things you would want to keep in mind is what game you are going to focus on and figuring out how to recruit people for it. I'm going to assume you want to focus on LoL and that might be a little bit more difficult than lets say dota 2. Most of the people who were actively playing LoL in this community have already left, I only really see a couple people in the LoL channels in teamspeak. If you would want to focus on dota, that would be easier because we currently have a lot of people who play dota, we would just have to start making events like 10 mans, tournaments, or something like that. Just try to get a foundation set up and work off of that. If you want to try to set up any events, just talk to a staff member who can help (like me) and we can work with you on that.

Also a heads up, if you really plan on trying anything talk to a CD or Council member. If you have any questions I would love to answer them!

• Like 4

I always ask to be strategy but no one takes me seriously

It's all about showing dominance, whenever somebody used to switch my strat tag to minecraft ( cough @_iMPAKT) I would scare him and ez pz they would switch it back.

I'd be down to help out Strat again, but personally I feel like focusing on one game in Strategy at first would be more ideal because from my experience it was harder to maintain this community's player base, one reason being we would do events that were not related to the game that many of the strategy members played.

If the division just focused on Dota 2 or League at first then expanded to the other games once there was a active stable player base for the community I feel like it would be a better Strategy ^.^, or separate divisions idk. Personally I'd prefer League of Legends because simply put I'm a legend.

Tbh we had a fair amount of people joining and but it did require more active work from people recruiting such has posting on League of legends clan recruitment/reddit/other websites and even a short message at the end of the game, however if we can get a tournament going on weekly and making it open to the public I think that would make it easier for recruitment.

Aight off 2 work

Edited by Arezk

So me and my "League Buddies" We do tournaments almost every single day and usually people tend to see an open event/tourny and immediately so I dont think there will be a population problem for tournaments. But its stuff like getting some to join which is probably the harder part.

It's pretty difficult trying to maintain and recruit members for strat as you would need constant events and tournaments. If you are really looking to to try and advance the division, you can always make an interest in leadership application. If we have the right people for it we could bring strat. Some things you would want to keep in mind is what game you are going to focus on and figuring out how to recruit people for it. I'm going to assume you want to focus on LoL and that might be a little bit more difficult than lets say dota 2. Most of the people who were actively playing LoL in this community have already left, I only really see a couple people in the LoL channels in teamspeak. If you would want to focus on dota, that would be easier because we currently have a lot of people who play dota, we would just have to start making events like 10 mans, tournaments, or something like that. Just try to get a foundation set up and work off of that. If you want to try to set up any events, just talk to a staff member who can help (like me) and we can work with you on that.

Also a heads up, if you really plan on trying anything talk to a CD or Council member. If you have any questions I would love to answer them!

I have since applied, and I am currently ready and prepared with proper plans to make strategy big, or at least bigger than it is now. I know some successful groups that pull off weekly tourneys, so I'll look more into that. I could put up an interest post to recruit some people on the LoL forums for now. I definitely know I can make a ranked 5s team and get some stuff going on with it. I just want to get the "go" on doing that kind of stuff, along with HG sponsored tourneys. I know Riot gives out free RP and skins for online tourneys. There's so much potential for a great strategy "division", and it's definitely possible!

Edited by Heal
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I play a ton of LoL, I also got the Strat tag IN TS, looking forward for the tournament at the end of march should be alot of fun :)

If theres anyway I could help out with the division please let me know sunbeh, Id like to advance in the STRAT division.

Edited by Alienware

the biggest issue i ran into for strategy is that a lot of the platforms you want to use to attract attention (solomid, reddit, etc.) either don't allow posts of recruitment type or people would end up joining and expecting a lot more than what it is (People thought it meant ranked 5s even without stating it more often than I ever anticipated), and you will end up with a european / north american player base (mabye not if you keep boxer out of the entire european continent this time) which requires you to accommodate events for both time zones, or double the events. Either way, in strat fashion, glhf.

Edited by StyleZ
  • Like 3