Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upgrades

Shaman

Alright so With taxes comes times to upgrade the build a bit. The current specs are as follows from the PC Partpicker link below.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XLVZt6

I know I'm going to upgrade 2 things at the very least.

FX-8320 > FX-8350

Samsung DDR3 1600 12Gb > Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 32Gb.

So really those two things are not the upgrade issue I am having at the moment. What I'm having issues with is picking out a decent CPU cooler that will fit into this case with the GTX 970.

So first couple of questions would be.

Does anyone own this case and what are your experiences?

What would be a good CPU cooler for this case other than the stock AMD cooler?

I can take some pics if need be to show the inside space.

Going from an 8320 to an 8350 isn't an upgrade, they're both the same just one comes clocked a little higher than the other. You could easily oc the 8320 to 8350's clock speed without even touching the voltage. As for the ram it sounds good. Now for a cpu cooler in that case it looks like you could fit a cooler with like a 240mm radiator like a corsair h105 or h100i or one with a smaller radiator like the h80 or h50. Can't really tell by the pics on newegg of the case but it does look like it has 2 120mm fans in the front, if that's the case the coolers I mentioned would most likely fit.

Going from an 8320 to an 8350 isn't an upgrade, they're both the same just one comes clocked a little higher than the other. You could easily oc the 8320 to 8350's clock speed without even touching the voltage. As for the ram it sounds good. Now for a cpu cooler in that case it looks like you could fit a cooler with like a 240mm radiator like a corsair h105 or h100i or one with a smaller radiator like the h80 or h50. Can't really tell by the pics on newegg of the case but it does look like it has 2 120mm fans in the front, if that's the case the coolers I mentioned would most likely fit.

I know the 8320>8350 is not really an upgrade but the 8320 I have has a fault in the L3 Cache that randomly causes a BSOD and such. As for the CPU cooler check out this pic to get an idea on the space that I have to work with because of the Graphics card.

post-27810-0-06545200-1454341073_thumb.jpg

post-27810-0-58049000-1454341077_thumb.jpg

post-27810-0-73355700-1454341082_thumb.jpg

I see now, it looks like a 240mm rad would be a pretty tight fit but the smaller 120mm rads should fit perfectly fine. I haven't really had much experience with a regular fan heatsink for a while but those closed loop liquid coolers like the ones I mentioned work pretty good.

I don't really have a need to OC anything. I will probably go with the 120 in the front on the left side in a pull with an extra 80mm fan on the back of the case. It will be pulling the hot air through the case but I would imagine that it would be enough to keep everything much cooler than it is now.