Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

info Help Us Get Perp Back On It's Feet! Make Perp Great Again!

->SK<-

There's nothing wrong with how we feel and I'll avoid from naming people, but I can speak on most of us here I hope. We are extremely frustrated with progress and there is no reason to question that. Those here who know must understand the slowness and decline of the server and have repeatedly wanted to see results and have not. And if anyone else knows this in the past kill slick did not give out his code which is one of the reasons we are stuck with this code now. I don't know his opinion now but I'll assume it changed? So the key thing to take away is we are tired and we want actual results.

Tl;dr ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

I'd like to see proof of such a deal before I even consider donating. It doesn't really make too much sense to me how taking the other donations to pay for this is immoral since you guys were already taking donations that perp got when it actually was active and never once used any of that money. But yes it should def come from the players then lol

Tl;dr ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

I agree, which is why I will make sure even if this fundraiser falls through that the money raised will be used to get the code we DO have up to scratch and I will personally will begin development myself on it, and get help from other developers besides that. I will also promise that I will give updates when I can, if I can, where I can. Even if its something as small as "oh I made a dildo cannon this week" (not that I'd add a dildo cannon to PERP, dirty minded nerds) I will still let people know what I am doing, which I know was extremely lacking originally.

In other words, we full well know how frustrated for news on PERP you all are, we were as well and more besides, which is why I know this is a large ask especially given it just looks like we're saying "well we're just being nerds jerking off on our screen, can we has moneyz pls 4 perp update kthxbai" which isn't it in the slightest. No-one more than myself was nothing but disappointed that PERP was never given its fair chance especially when we had a large following for the gamemode.

Now I am only one person so I would appeal to anyone who knows how to code in LUA and has experience in doing so to give me a shout. I personally feel having only one person working on a gamemode as extensive as PERP is one of the main mistakes we made and I would like for history to not repeat itself.

I would also like to reach out to anyone who may not know how to code in LUA, but would like to learn it to help us and is proactive in their want to help PERP to also give me a shout. I am willing to teach people how to code in LUA in my spare time (which is actually pretty extensive unless I procrastinate) and if there is enough interest, I will organise classes which people can come and learn in a chill environment and code up something that they find interesting (like a dildo cannon!).

Lets make this a community effort. Lets get together and be nerds growing cocaine in warehouses, or be like me and be a tool tazing Cosmic while he's in a car owned by someone else (s/o to my homie cosmic)

tl;dr I know this is a big ask, forreal. If you have knowledge of LUA coding or want to learn LUA give me a shout. More devs = more fun = more work done. Magic is a slut.

- SKay

• Like 2

There's a difference between getting a donation goal up and actually having some sort of development on it. Just because you talked to Homer personally and got him to get things "started" (though a donation page isn't really much) doesn't mean it'll go anywhere, trust me.

If i were to donate the rest, i doubt we'd have "The brand new" perp everyone has been waiting for for the past 3 years or so. If this whole donation page was made back when PERP was actually active, then the goal of $1,000 would have been made in less than a week. This just feels like a hype thread and nothing else.

#HGOffice2.0

#HGBans2.0

#HGPERP2.0

#HomerHump

Can't believe you of all people forgot that one

Also I have gladly accepted nomination for GMOD dL

Edited by Burnt
  • Like 1

I agree, which is why I will make sure even if this fundraiser falls through that the money raised will be used to get the code we DO have up to scratch and I will personally will begin development myself on it, and get help from other developers besides that. I will also promise that I will give updates when I can, if I can, where I can. Even if its something as small as "oh I made a dildo cannon this week" (not that I'd add a dildo cannon to PERP, dirty minded nerds) I will still let people know what I am doing, which I know was extremely lacking originally.

In other words, we full well know how frustrated for news on PERP you all are, we were as well and more besides, which is why I know this is a large ask especially given it just looks like we're saying "well we're just being nerds jerking off on our screen, can we has moneyz pls 4 perp update kthxbai" which isn't it in the slightest. No-one more than myself was nothing but disappointed that PERP was never given its fair chance especially when we had a large following for the gamemode.

Now I am only one person so I would appeal to anyone who knows how to code in LUA and has experience in doing so to give me a shout. I personally feel having only one person working on a gamemode as extensive as PERP is one of the main mistakes we made and I would like for history to not repeat itself.

I would also like to reach out to anyone who may not know how to code in LUA, but would like to learn it to help us and is proactive in their want to help PERP to also give me a shout. I am willing to teach people how to code in LUA in my spare time (which is actually pretty extensive unless I procrastinate) and if there is enough interest, I will organise classes which people can come and learn in a chill environment and code up something that they find interesting (like a dildo cannon!).

Lets make this a community effort. Lets get together and be nerds growing cocaine in warehouses, or be like me and be a tool tazing Cosmic while he's in a car owned by someone else (s/o to my homie cosmic)

tl;dr I know this is a big ask, forreal. If you have knowledge of LUA coding or want to learn LUA give me a shout. More devs = more fun = more work done. Magic is a slut.

- SKay

Is this one license as the current state of the game mode or does this include regular updates as things eventually break. And does this license then not pay any more royalties to killslick?

I am building a computer right now and I'd be pretty willing to just donate the rest to play perp if it makes sense in my eyes.

Is this one license as the current state of the game mode or does this include regular updates as things eventually break. And does this license then not pay any more royalties to killslick?

I am building a computer right now and I'd be pretty willing to just donate the rest to play perp if it makes sense in my eyes.

I will be negotiating how it will play out. I am absolutely going yo strive for the best deal of the money that we muster (I.e license covers regular updates that come in to us).

So you want this money BEFORE you even have negotiated a term?

If we're going to be able to sit round the table and negotiate past what's already done, then yes. A guarantee that we can cough up the pocket change and be willing to broker a deal is more ideal instead of giving the promise that we will hand over the funds once we reach it, which may not be guaranteed.

We've done preliminary negotiations but nothing has been agreed on at the present time.

We've done preliminary negotiations but nothing has been agreed on at the present time.

Which is what " 1k and I'll let you have this version"? I don't think it's a right move to take people's money before you even know what the deal is. Getting the capital will be relatively easy given a favorable outcome.

• Like 1

Which is what " 1k and I'll let you have this version"? I don't think it's a right move to take people's money before you even know what the deal is. Getting the capital will be relatively easy given a favorable outcome.

Exactly this. If you would have come on here and said

"We are going to be getting the perp license. Comes with support from the developer so if anything breaks he will fix it. It will also come with constant updates."

then maybe you would have gotten more donations or atleast it would have made sense to ask for them. Even then it just doesn't sound like the best idea, because there is no guarantee that there will be many updates (I've heard that the current version isn't even updated).

You should not have asked for a single penny till you actually figured out what the 1,000 dollars was going to get you guys. If it's just "pocket change" it would have made more sense if you would have taken it from the regular HG piggy bank, but i guess that is somehow more morally wrong than asking money from people before knowing what you will do with it.

While we could sap some leftovers from the donations that HG gets, we feel it would not be morally correct.
  • Like 4