Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Can Cs:s Jailbreak Be Revived?

FoxHound

Hi guys. I've been thinking this over during the past few days. Now that the CS:GO jb server has gone from zero to hero during the last few months it has given me hope for the CS:S server. I think it would be great to have a populated CS:S jb server, and maybe it can be done if the same methods that were applied to CS:GO were applied to CS:S. Although, realistically, if the CS:S jb server were revived it would most likely not be the same as the old days. What made CS:S jb so great from 09-14 was the people, and its hard to find great personalities like there used to be, ESPECIALLY with the diminishing population of CS:S as a game, hell it usually has less population than 1.6. Another thing that could stand in the way of the server being populated is the general lack of interest to do so in HG nowadays. From June of last year to about the middle of December I would say there was a lot of interest in populating the css jb server, from events to casually filling the server by making announcements on the forums and TS, to even having a mod for the server at one point. If we want to populate the server we need to go over what can be done realistically and if it is even a possibility. I would like to differentiate this thread from others by asking some important questions rather than just being a rally to populate.

-Is there interest to populate the server?

-Does the population of CS:S as a game allow the population of the server to be a thing?

-Can methods from the population of CS:GO JB be applied to CS:S?

Personally, I would like to ask, what did you guys do to populate CS:GO?

In theory we could have a second populated JB server, which can only mean good things, so I hope that there is hope for the server :)

can someone fix the topic prefix, it's goofed for me

Torpedo hippo send me a message with yo join the jailbreak server and populate it again so did Optical aswell.

So I helped out a bit and invited everyone in my friendslist who used to play jailbreak and they joined.

(60% of friends all played jailbreak)

Then the moderators/staff came online to play and in a day or 2 jailbreak was again balling.

The main reason why jailbreak for CS:GO was dead because most of the people didn't know that the old IP was blacklisted by Valve (I even told leadership that it would happen but they didn't listen to me) but I could be wrong here.

Now in order to populate CS:S jailbreak you need all the old peeps to join the server.

And for me that's almost 2 years ago and most of them are banned from HG servers and don't feel like appealing an unban request. Also I don't know if it is still a thing the group bans (Honestly this was the most retarded thing in HG ban system) a few people followed the banned players and are also banned here and will never comeback to HG (I spoke to them about it).

So that is the main reason why source jailbreak will not be a thing anymore for HG unless leadership takes interest.

The problem for CS:GO jb population and CS:S jb are very different and CS:S is much harder to find a good solution almost impossibru

Edited by UnPrePared_
  • Like 2

a while back no one played csgo jb for the simplest reason there is : everyone i asked to come play during dat time said the following: imnot going on the server with only 4-5 ppl playing

even if i asked 20ppl at same time. once torpedo and me convinced like min. 10ppl; to come stay a bit ..; the server slowly started to play again cause it was playable again.

idk if css works dat way but if u can get it up and running with like 10-15ppl(for couple of hrs) joining it and slowly more ppl and non hg players join in

i mean there were like 25 ppl constantly saying they wanted to play jb but not with a empty server....catch 22 much.

i dont have css but most legends from csgo jb come from there so if u wanna try repopulate it im game

One of the major issues is that most of the people that we thought of as cool people, good leads, and just all-around good players have either A: Moved on in life and stopped playing or B: Gotten Banned. I really don't think any of the newer members will want to play css too much as well... I don't really see this happening... :(

Edited by Rise
  • Like 1

Hi guys. I've been thinking this over during the past few days. Now that the CS:GO jb server has gone from zero to hero during the last few months it has given me hope for the CS:S server. I think it would be great to have a populated CS:S jb server, and maybe it can be done if the same methods that were applied to CS:GO were applied to CS:S. Although, realistically, if the CS:S jb server were revived it would most likely not be the same as the old days. What made CS:S jb so great from 09-14 was the people, and its hard to find great personalities like there used to be, ESPECIALLY with the diminishing population of CS:S as a game, hell it usually has less population than 1.6. Another thing that could stand in the way of the server being populated is the general lack of interest to do so in HG nowadays. From June of last year to about the middle of December I would say there was a lot of interest in populating the css jb server, from events to casually filling the server by making announcements on the forums and TS, to even having a mod for the server at one point. If we want to populate the server we need to go over what can be done realistically and if it is even a possibility. I would like to differentiate this thread from others by asking some important questions rather than just being a rally to populate.

-Is there interest to populate the server?

-Does the population of CS:S as a game allow the population of the server to be a thing?

-Can methods from the population of CS:GO JB be applied to CS:S?

In theory we could have a second populated JB server, which can only mean good things, so I hope that there is hope for the server :)

can someone fix the topic prefix, it's goofed for me

I could speak my honest reason to why i think CSS JB is dead but this thread would be locked faster than the speed of light. not to mention forum infractions.

so just PM n i will tell you my honest opinion.