Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Darkrp

The difference between DarkRP and PERP is huge, and DarkRP is one, if not the most popular game-mode in GMOD today. I would definitely be down for DarkRP, but it needs to be run and set up correctly by people who truly understand DarkRP.

• Like 5

I'm just going to add something. If DarkRP happens, please make it serious and not semi-serious. What could possibly be the worst and most annoying thing ever is seeing spiderman in a DarkRP server or a class specifically made for raping people using the very broken "rape swep". The amount of RDM and absolute shit that goes on in semi-serious DarkRP servers is ridiculous. Seriousness and immersion whilst keeping it in DarkRP style is key!

Edited by Chicken2Nite

The difference between DarkRP and PERP is huge, and DarkRP is one, if not the most popular game-mode in GMOD today. I would definitely be down for DarkRP, but it needs to be run and set up correctly by people who truly understand DarkRP.

^F-ing this. Dark RP is creative prop building based and PERP is strict city/government and growing based. Completely different from each other, would love to see it back in HG servers like back in the day.

I'm just going to add something. If DarkRP happens, please make it serious and not semi-serious. What could possibly be the worst and most annoying thing ever is seeing spiderman in a DarkRP server or a class specifically made for raping people using the very broken "rape swep". The amount of RDM and absolute shit that goes on in semi-serious DarkRP servers is ridiculous. Seriousness and immersion whilst keeping it in DarkRP style is key!

Dark RP server HG used to have was always "serious rp" to prevent random/custom jobs to exclusively rdm.

Edited by Rizon

i once saw a darkrp server where you could play has darth vader

Edited by pikachu 2013

• 1 month later...

I would say, DarkRP is very popular gamemode to play with your friends, but at same time, admins got to deal with RDMers and to be honest here; I think we should.

PERP is dead and I think PERP is not even good RP gamemode because people have to take time to find out how to make money? or how to get guns? but at same time, we could literally have low-count of RDM.

However, in DarkRP, players already know how to make ton of money or knows it features of, however it does make more players to become RDMers.

Neither way, I think DarkRP is better to replace the PERP.

• 4 weeks later...

Longtime HG DarkRP roleplayer here, since before 2011. So sorry for the grave dig.

HellsGamer's DarkRP server died when the map was changed from "rp_downtown_v2". The map was synonymous with your server. When the map changed the numbers drastically dipped from 32/32 to maybe 6/32 with all 6 being paid admins.

Simple DarkRP was something to behold. Kill feeds on current servers ruins the meta of roleplay, as someone knows who killed them and comes back and finds that person and kills them. Kill feeds should not be in a roleplay server. Furthermore, massive amounts of jobs/roles are annoying and destructive to the server's community.

• Like 1