Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Time Has Come For A Bigger, Better Pc

Magic

1. Budget: $1000-1500

2. Brand preferences: Intel

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?: Mainly looking to run high end games such as the upcoming BF1 and games like Skyrim, GTA V, etc...

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?: Newegg or whatever works best.

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?: Won't need any peripherals or a monitor.

6. Do you plan to overlock?: No, not really

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer?: Yes

Looking to run an SSD as well to clear the air.

Personal note: The build looks good but I would not burn my money on a SATA SSD lol. Your mobo listed as M2 compatibility for PCI-E.

That's up to you though if you want to spend a bit more money for more raw throughput. Essentially for double more space for about 30-40 more dollars and more space as an example in this case:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104542 you could benefit from it.

Just to put some raw numbers in perspective

M2 PCi-E versus SATA3

1.5 GBps Read / 600 MBps

The Samsung is limited by SATA3

550 MBps / 430 MBps

Just something to keep in mind.

Edited by enigma#
  • Like 3

Personal note: The build looks good but I would not burn my money on a SATA SSD lol. Your mobo listed as M2 compatibility for PCI-E.

That's up to you though if you want to spend a bit more money for more raw throughput. Essentially for double more space for about 30-40 more dollars and more space as an example in this case:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104542 you could benefit from it.

Just to put some raw numbers in perspective

M2 PCi-E versus SATA3

1.5 GBps Read / 600 MBps

The Samsung is limited by SATA3

550 MBps / 430 MBps

Just something to keep in mind.

This is exactly why we missed you.

• Like 2