Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Upcoming Pc Build

That all looks pretty good! If I could change any thing about it it would be the 1tb ssd for a smaller one and then add a much bigger hdd, just cuz I like having space for everything. :P also you should check out some 1070 sli benchmarks to be sure it's something you'd really want to have, be sure to check out benchmarks done on games you actually plan on playing. You'll be surprised at how close a single 1080 gets to sli 1070 in some of the newer titles and sometimes even beats it. I personally prefer to go with a single top tier card instead of sli with anything below that. But of course if the benchmarks are good for the games you actually want to play then go for it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fspbhq

updated parts list.

unsure about either 1 1080 or 2 1070s and the deepcool vs the thermaltake rgb

and i have a 3tb segate hard drive (somewhere in all these boxes) that ill put in it as well but i want

its looking like i have to hold off on purchasing my bmw now too. so might just get the 1080 to save another $200 or so because i have to buy a laptop for college.

It all looks really good! Between 2 1070s and a single 1080 just like I said before, check out some benchmarks and see if the sli will actually benefit you in the games you plan on playing. Then you can decide a lot easier if it will actually be worth it for you.

• Executive Council

Dat power supply so stronk. Get something less wattagy

Some rough calculations based upon your listings' power requirements:

(my shitty table)

| +3.3V +5V | +12V |

| 11.7A 11.8A | 45.3A |

| 98W | 544W |

This comes to a rough load of 600W, and a suggested PSU of 650W+ I would say maybe for with a 750W. My suggestions:

EVGA SuperNOVA T2 750W 80+ Titanium (10yr warranty) ($140)

CORSAIR HX750i 750W 80 PLUS PLATINUM (10yr warranty) ($145)

Both are awesome PSU's and would last at least through the life of this build, if not longer. The increased efficiency in the PSU will be nice and means a bit less heat from the PSU.

Edited by imasonaz

the reason i have the EVGA 1300 watt is because eventually i want to add more cards and oc them as well as my cpu. i have that same psu in my current amd pc and it runs great (10 year warrenty is nice too) and its only $185..for an extra 40-45 dollars to get 2 times the wattage seems like a great deal to me. so it comes down between the deepcool captain 360 or the thermaltake rgb 360 and either 2 1070s or 1 1080 (either way i will eventually buy 3-4 cards of whatever it is that i get initially and have my own custom cooling system for my cpu and vgas)

Some rough calculations based upon your listings' power requirements:

(my shitty table)

| +3.3V +5V | +12V |

| 11.7A 11.8A | 45.3A |

| 98W | 544W |

This comes to a rough load of 600W, and a suggested PSU of 650W+ I would say maybe for with a 750W. My suggestions:

EVGA SuperNOVA T2 750W 80+ Titanium (10yr warranty) ($140)

CORSAIR HX750i 750W 80 PLUS PLATINUM (10yr warranty) ($145)

Both are awesome PSU's and would last at least through the life of this build, if not longer. The increased efficiency in the PSU will be nice and means a bit less heat from the PSU.

And i wish i had your internet ;-; i get like 2-3 mbps here...FUCK YOU WINDSTREAM

• 1 month later...