Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Translations Needed

I need people to translate the following strings into their respective languages, please do not use a translator for these. When finished with the translation you will get listed in the credits and have a Contributor tag added that will show on any server using Zombie Master

Current Languages Done:

English

English (UK) (Done by FoxHound?)

French (Done by Azona & Gabil)

Chinese (Traditional) (Done by plianes766)

Korean (Done by Navi)

German (Done by Kit Ballard & RS689)

Chinese (Simplified) (Done by Brendan Tan)

Swedish (Done by Marco)

Hebrew (Done by Der eisenballs)

Serbian (Done by Comic King)

Croatian (Done by Comic King)

Strings:

http://pastebin.com/raw/3nYu9q6j

Edited by ForrestMarkX
  • Like 7

fyi simplified chinese and traditional chinese are actually the same except the looking of characters;

consequently simplified chinese can literally be done with translation engines (google) by converting traditional to simplified.

"Computer" in simplified chinese is "计算机"(計算機)

Such that I can conclude the PC in front of me is not a computer because the word "compute" should lead me into thinking about a calculator. The reality is nobody ever use the word "computer" to refer to a "calculator" anymore, in both trad and simplified.

Another reality is Simplified Chinese is a direct conversion of characters from Traditional; it was invented to help poor people who cannot afford education to read like a normally educated people who read traditional. Unless you somehow decided to use slang or verbal language to argue with me then well that will put you in an embarrassing situation.

Edited by futo

fyi simplified chinese and traditional chinese are actually the same except the looking of characters;

consequently simplified chinese can literally be done with translation engines (google) by converting traditional to simplified.

It's basically the same at most of the words, but there are still some differences between some words

For an example, "Computer" in simplified chinese is "计算机"(計算機) , but in traditional chinese Computer is "電腦(电脑)",

And "計算機" in traditional means calculator

So it wouldn't be the best by just using Google to make it simplified, should let someone change some words to make it perfect like the different between EN(US) to EN(UK)

Edit: (Another reply to futo)

Another reality is Simplified Chinese is a direct conversion of characters from Traditional; it was invented to help poor people who cannot afford education to read like a normally educated people who read traditional. Unless you somehow decided to use slang or verbal language to argue with me then well that will put you in an embarrassing situation.

You'd reminded me, Yes, simplified chinese is just a conversion of traditional chinese.

In fact, the point making that different as I said is actually to the countries.

I was meaning that China have some different at using words than Taiwan,

And Taiwan is using Traditional, China is using Simplified, so that made it a little different.

Edited by plianes766
  • Like 1

Forrest, I'm able to help with the English and Chinese (Simplified) translations.

UPDATE: I've worked with plianes to produce the Chinese (Simplified) translations for the string.

Link to my translation (Simplified Chinese): http://pastebin.com/tSMWS886

Let me know if there's anything that needs to be rectified. Thanks.

Edited by Brendan Tan

Such that I can conclude the PC in front of me is not a computer because the word "compute" should lead me into thinking about a calculator. The reality is nobody ever use the word "computer" to refer to a "calculator" anymore, in both trad and simplified.

Actually futo, you're wrong. There are instances where that is the case, for example:

計算機工程

(Simplified Chinese: 计算机工程, Lit. meaning: Calculator Engineering, Act. meaning: Computer Engineering).

Note that some Chinese words do not necessarily translate to their literal meanings.

Also, simplified Chinese was invented to also ease the tediousness of Chinese characters, while delivering the exact same meaning as in traditional Chinese. If you're telling me that only poor people use simplified Chinese to write and communicate, then pray tell; why are countries such as Singapore (my own country, and a very wealthy one) using it?