Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hgdc Official Update

Burnt

Hello all, first of all I would like to thank each and every member of HGDC staff in helping myself develop this community of developers.

I wanted to make this update to let everyone know where HGDC stands currently. We as a collective have been working towards smoothing development since we were put into the positions to do so, and collectively we believe we have, but there are still many things to accomplish in the near future. One of those things is filling the teams of HGDC, currently we are still lacking developers for sourcemod games (CSGO, TF2, CSS) and I unfortunately don't have the time or energy that I thought I would have to teach the sourcemod classes. With that being said, if you are interested I highly recommend reading through the sourcemod wiki. I would be happy to answer any sourcemod related questions that anyone has and even setup 1 on 1 meetings to go over specific problems that anyone is having. If you are interested in something like this please contact me in teamspeak as I have disabled the forum messenger (You may still contact my associates, @thomasjosif and @imasonaz).

In other news, I am also announcing a new team for HGDC. This team will be added to the HGDC hierarchy and if anyone is interested they may contact myself or my associates. The team will be focused on researching new gamemodes for possible servers as well as possible plugins and or cvar changes that would positively impact the server. I wanted this team created because although we do have developers that spend lots of time around sites such as AlliedModders, they may not have experience managing a server. This team should help maintain steady servers and keep them up to date with possible cvar changes that become mainstream/etc. This team will not have FTP access to servers unless exceptions are made based on relative skill.

Since there has been some ill mannered behavior based on changes to game modes such as Jailbreak and Zombie Survival I wanted to make our process clear so that those who do have issues know who to contact and or where to supply feedback. When a developer has an idea that will change the gameplay of a game mode, before adding this it requires permission from the dL or dL's of the division that the game mode is being ran on. For example, if ForrestMarkx wanted to change the default health of all players in ZS to 12 hp, he would first get approval from the current dL (Skay, and ATB for gmod currently). Once approved development begins followed by testing before a merge meets the live servers. This is to hopefully find bugs and or fix issues that could arise from reoccurring events in game. With that being said, you can never predict every bug or crash so be patient when criticizing the team for crashes on live servers/etc. The process is nearly the same if the dL of a division wants a gameplay aspect altered.

Within the next few days the Lua development team will begin voting on a team leader, and we also plan on reaching out to some people for the new team. Remember to contact a member of HGDC if you're interested in joining, even if you arent the best we are willing to work with your skill level.

Have a good day,

Burnt - Director of HGDC

• Like 8