Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gmod Church Meeting (November 13Th)

ATB

kGWYijI.png

Come pray you prudes (You all smell) (ATB + SKay)

NOTE: Any post not following the template below will be hidden/deleted, please speak to a leadership member with any questions

Basic information on our cult community gathering:

Who: Anyone not banned from TeamSpeak that would like to talk about Garry's Mod

What: Discuss the future of the Garry's Mod division moving forward this year

When: Sunday, November 13th, 2016 at 4:00 PM Central Time

Where: TeamSpeak Channel

Why: To seek enlightenment and/or be enlightened

Meeting Preface

With everything going on I personally (ATB and Harle) would like to discuss many personal topics being concerned and where the future of where GMOD lies. I wish to not weaken ourselves to just one gamemode but to slowly increment to something else that is just as addicting as our Zombie Survival Server. I'd like to discuss what the people of the community have in mind and at the same time discuss the development of GMOD as a whole with your honest opinions and (hopefully) this will not become a rage fest of who's personal opinions are better etc but to reconcile together as a division and become better gradually. This GMOD church meeting will focus MAINLY on Zombie Survival but we will also discuss other things related to help the division as well if such topics are brought up.

Meeting Outline

1. I will go over some announcements of things we have planned ahead of us and some nice things.
  2. Rest of Leadership will introduce themselves and let themselves be known to our member base.
  3. Talk about our recent successes and goals going forward with the division as a whole
  4. Discuss server specific issues and give honest answers to those questions.
  5. Close things up with anything else that someone would like to ask, clarify, or start World War IV over

Meeting Guidelines

• This meeting is solely to strengthen relations between staff and the general population and to get a friendly atmosphere going.
  • This is a meeting for rational and calm discussion, any and all drama creators during the meeting will be dreamwrecked, banned from TeamSpeak, and/or permanently placed in the MMO division.
  • Don't be afraid to disagree with anyone including leadership. We're not infallible beings and we all make mistakes. However do not belittle anyone who may not make a point you disagree with. We're all here for one common goal; to solidify our division in its rightful place as the friendliest and the bestest (I'm using big boy words :D) division around.
  • Don't talk over people. Its a fairly simple rule and if you feel the need to talk over someone you will likely lose the privilege to continue talking. You yelling louder than them doesn't make your point right.

Meeting Topics

While you're more than welcome to wait till the meeting to discuss a topic, I would highly encourage you to use the template below the submit topics or discussions for the meeting. This way myself and other leadership members can be prepared to answer your questions completely. As discussed in the guidelines above, the topics are not to cause drama but for improving the community at large.

Topic:

Area: (community related or for a specific server)

Description:

Link Dump

See you at church!

• Like 4

Topic: Community

Area: Communication/ updates

Description: Ok with this new HG community thing (HGDC) I think that not everyone has been told about the updates that push out with these(I haven't and I'm sure others). All I'm saying is I think we need to know about how this all works, how the updates are produced and the communication between players and coders and being affective as they should be. Some updates are good, some have negative outcome, and if you could try and explain to EVERYONE who attends the meeting it would be reached out to others who play on your servers and therefore better updates.

Topic:Perp

Area: Server

Description: Will we ever see it return again? New map? and also how to get people playing on the server if it goes live?

Edited by The Gaming Limit
  • Like 1

Area: Communication/ updates

Description: Ok with this new HG community thing (HGCE) I think that not everyone has been told about the updates that push out with these(I haven't and I'm sure others). All I'm saying is I think we need to know about how this all works, how the updates are produced and the communication between players and coders and being affective as they should be. Some updates are good, some have negative outcome, and if you could try and explain to EVERYONE who attends the meeting it would be reached out to others who play on your servers and therefore better updates.

Topic:Perp

Area: Server

Description: Will we ever see it return again? New map? and also how to get people playing on the server if it goes live?

Updates for zs goes here: https://hellsgamers.com/topic/83178-zombie-survival-change-logs-newest-updates-go-live-wednesdays/

As for perp that is not my call to answer

Also HGCE only coordinates events and others. YOU can talk to peacemaker if you wish to know more as that is not our department.

Topic: Progress and Transparency regarding the development of PERP

Area: (community related or for a specific server) PERP

Description: It's been months since I heard any information regarding the status of the PERP project. Is it actively being worked on? What progress has been made so far? Will it ever be worked on?

• Like 3

Topic: The General State of the ZS Server Address

Area: HG ZS

Description: I want to know the goal, direction, and methodology behind the running of the ZS server. Specifically, how some poor maps have passed map testing | further possible game balance regarding humans, zombies | Chat and its eyesores | improvements for the cading system | moderators and their responsibilities & knowledge | ZE/OBJ | Current Staff reliability and resourcefulness as well as productivity | Future planned "updates" & their incorporation into the live server in tandem with even more future updates and older updates | What's causing the HG ZS server to degrade to what it is today i.e. population skill.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 4

Area: Communication/ Updates

Description: Lets be honest here ok. Theres a lot of communication in the community but its kinda dying a little bit you know? I think we need to push out a little bit more to get more people you know. Now about the updates for the zs server.. The zs server should get a couple of nerfs like the grim for example. Its op and it has a huge knockback like the adonis. I think we should nerf the grim and nerf the adonis.

Edited by FlyinHawaiian

Topic:Rules and possibly more additional features to cinemas(such as API for twitch,etc)

Area: (community related or for a specific server)Gmod Cinema

Description: Once in a while,there is a group of people who goes on our cinema server. Maybe a post of the rules on Cinema/additional API on Cinema. It would be nice to have stream from twitch to be playing in cinema.

Topic: Changes Within the Year

Area: (community-related or for a specific server) Both

Description: Current things has changed within Staff + this topic will mainly be around the changes HG has made. I'd like ATB to talk more about how things are being run as of right now so others will understand the following: UPDATES, EVENTS, GAMEMODES, PRODUCTIVITY, AND MUCH MUCH MUUUUUUUUUCH MORE.

Having people outside of Staff + know about this major change goes a long way.

1. Discuss server specific issues and give honest answers to those questions.
  2. Close things up with anything else that someone would like to ask, clarify, or start World War IV over