Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Decent Laptop For The Price?

_sylenT

Why ROG at all. I mean it's a gaming laptop, but I'm assuming you're also using it for school and thus need mobility. What are you expecting out of gaming? 4k medium 60FPS or 1080p 60FPS high settings?

The latter is far more than enough for me, so I'd recommend going with Lenovo's IdeaPad y700.

The touch screen 15.6'' is like, 899 which is fucking cheaper compared to non-touch lmfao.

i7-6700HQ 4core

GTX 960M 4GB (Bottleneck but it'll do the job)

16GB RAM

128GB SSD + 1TB HDD (HDD is a shit 5400RPM tho)

All this, for 899. I don't think any other laptop matches this price spec-wise.

But if you're spending like, 1400+tax on a laptop, might as well build a desktop

Why ROG at all. I mean it's a gaming laptop, but I'm assuming you're also using it for school and thus need mobility. What are you expecting out of gaming? 4k medium 60FPS or 1080p 60FPS high settings?

The latter is far more than enough for me, so I'd recommend going with Lenovo's IdeaPad y700.

The touch screen 15.6'' is like, 899 which is fucking cheaper compared to non-touch lmfao.

i7-6700HQ 4core

GTX 960M 4GB (Bottleneck but it'll do the job)

16GB RAM

128GB SSD + 1TB HDD (HDD is a shit 5400RPM tho)

All this, for 899. I don't think any other laptop matches this price spec-wise.

But if you're spending like, 1400+tax on a laptop, might as well build a desktop

Must be playing some non high spec games if you can run them 1080/60 on high with a 750 ti level card. To op the laptop linked will actually run recent games on high at 1080/60, seems pretty fair price wise.

Edited by Short