Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gaming Pc Under 1500$ This Black Friday/cyber Monday

Shadequad

Hey guys, this post is exactly the title, Im trying to find a good quality gaming PC that can run all games 1080p, VR included. Im planning a gtx 1080 Zotac edition, possibly founders, 16gigs of ram, z170 mother board, 6600k i5, and 2 TB of storage, 1 SSD 128 gigs 650 watt power supply, All roughly under 1500 total. Any suggestions?

EDIT DDR4 ram, Full tower ATX case, atx motherboard and full modular power supply. Bronze certfication

Edited by Tyrion quadister
  • Like 1

Can one copy their list from PC partpicker and copy & paste?

Well, no great matter. Here she is.

intel I7 6700K quad core,

Cooler master 212 hyper EVO

MSI z170 atx motherboard

Corsair vengeance 16GB 2x8 DDR4 RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case

The entire thing, 1200 US. POST black Friday, things change. IDK. I took your suggestions and yeah. Now, I can save 300$ or so for a 3rd monitor lol or a new desk/chair Thanks guys

Edited by Tyrion quadister

I have a 144hz, and I can honestly say that the difference between 80 frames and 144 is SO visually different that once you go to 144 hz only you will never see frames below that the same. I hate playing battlefield at 80 frames right now, because I can tell the difference of how fluid it is between 144 on CSGO and 80 on Battlefield. If money IS a problem then yes get the 1070, but if you want a better experience that you'll be stuck with for a as many years as you plan on keeping your computer, a couple hundred bucks more is worth the spend.

Hmm okay.. Time to plan.

Im just throwing it out there that you should hold off on a 1080 right now. If you get a 1070 and put the extra money into parts around it, you can very slowly upgrade it to become better. Dont waste your money on getting a GPU that is overkill. Make sure you have everything else first then go overkill.

I'm doing this route this is going to be a brand new computer PSU,Motherboard,Processor, ram and case in about 6 years for me I'm going from AMD to Intel too if I was to stick to AMD I could buy a new computer everything including video card right now I still have to use it until I can get a new one in the spring

You cannot tell the difference. The human eye can't tell the difference between 80 and 144. You just think its better. I have tested both on my friends PC (he has a 1080) and he even himself said he can't tell the difference. You see 144 and you see 80 and your brain thinks its worse. It is not worth the extra money now.

Yeah man everyone knows the human eye can only see at a cinematic 24 fps

Fortis is kinda right in what he is saying. Even though you might not get 144+ fps in some games you will still benefit from 144hz even if you only get 80 fps, compared to getting 80 fps on a measly 60hz monitor. So if you aren't planning on making the move to 2k res gaming and are sticking to 1080p that gtx 1070 is more than enough. No point in throwing down $600 on a gpu for some pleb 1080p gaming, 144hz or 500hz its still 1080p... Now if you're considering the 2k res route then a gtx 1080 will fit your budget kinda. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nNF7pb

• Like 1

-snip-

I think you trust me. So i'll say this. I've read what everyone has said and they have valid points. 144hz monitors at 1080p are cheap and there is nothing wrong with playing around 144(or 120/60 if the monitor supports changing it). a 1060/1070 will easily max battlefield 1 even probably at 1440p(specific cards). Most games now are usually heavy on the video card and the i7 6700K is arguable the best processor for gaming. the 7700k is probably coming out early next year so if you want to wait you and you can I highly suggest you wait. As for the human eye thing. I can visually see the difference between 60fps and 144fps but can barely tell the difference between 144 and 120 settings.

You said you want to play in vr so I'd suggest to not cut corners and get a 1080 oc'd card and a 6700k(only get the k one if you ever plan on overclocking)

and for those that say they can't distinguish the frame rates from one another please go find a high refresh rate monitor and go to this website http://www.testufo.com/