Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

First Mmo's?

Watch

Right so I know at least at some point in your time of playing vidiya games, you tried a MMO out. Even if you didn't like it, you tried one at the very least.

I've played lots of MMO's, World of Warcraft, RIFT, Wizard 101, AQW, Phantasy Star Online--

But, my first ever MMO that I've played was Ragnarok Online; it was probably what finally got me hooked forever onto gaming. I played that shit day in and out, and by far my best experience. Just the way everything worked and the 2D/3D mixture was awesome, the art and classes were fun to play-- and it wasn't too confusing to understand but at the same time it was a challenge as you progressed.

Anyways, what was your first MMO that you've played-- did you like it or enjoy it, explain why or why not.

My first MMO was Asheron's Call. It ran side by side with EverQuest and Ultima Online, in the gaming golden days in 1999.

2 days ago they announced it will be retired on Jan 31 2017. It was my escape during a difficult childhood. My step-father and his friend Roy would play for hours on end. But they have both passed away - and soon so will the world where I remember them at.

Warner Brothers is responsible for this death.

Its been a good 17 years.

• Like 4

My first MMO was Asheron's Call. It ran side by side with EverQuest and Ultima Online, in the gaming golden days in 1999.

2 days ago they announced it will be retired on Jan 31 2017. It was my escape during a difficult childhood. My step-father and his friend Roy would play for hours on end. But they have both passed away - and soon so will the world where I remember them at.

Warner Brothers is responsible for this death.

Its been a good 17 years.

ASHERON'S CALL AND ULTIMA ONLINE.

Mmmm, especially Ultima. I tried out Ultima before and being a Thief was so fucking awesome on it. Such great history behind it too, especially Lord British.

• 5 months later...