Although this rule looks strict on the outside, it only strictly prohibits behavior that's completely outlandish and outside of the norm, so business as usual should continue. Harassment is a term that's used in extreme situations, as extreme as an abuse report would be. The fact that we made a post isn't because we're having any kind of crackdown. We aren't becoming a kindergarten, where your teacher would slap your wrist if you called someone an asshole. This is to manage the dark side of the human condition.
Some examples of harassment:
- Repeated bullying and badmouthing about being a recruit
- Telling someone to kill themselves and being serious about it
- Shit talking someone publicly to the point that it gets reasonably out of hand and toxic
- Discriminating against someone in an uncalled-for way for being gay
- Being an asshole to a friend who understands the jokes and the context they're in
- Calling Sui an uglyass bitch (because he probably wouldn't care, the lil bitch :^) )
- Calling HG a "Christian Community" (it's a fucking meme)
- Getting into a small argument with someone and accidentally calling them a dick. If you guys can cease arguing and resolve your differences without any issue, it's not a huge deal
In response to a lot of questions, we posted this after: https://hellsgamers....ouncement-mean/
Neither of these gave a proper forum for us to discuss the practical application of these "new" rules. We in leadership will do our best to give you a mock verdict and punishment if it's considered harassment, so fire away.