Quantcast

• Create Account
166 players in 39 servers, 284 users online, 51 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

Questions About Harassment

7 replies to this topic

The Empathetic Peacemaker

The Bald Man

• 1,258 posts

In this thread, I'm inviting everyone to ask me questions about what our anti-harassment rule covers, including what actions would be considered harassment or not. You can speak hypothetically or from experience. Note that we will only intervene under special circumstances.

Although this rule looks strict on the outside, it only strictly prohibits behavior that's completely outlandish and outside of the norm, so business as usual should continue. Harassment is a term that's used in extreme situations, as extreme as an abuse report would be. The fact that we made a post isn't because we're having any kind of crackdown. We aren't becoming a kindergarten, where your teacher would slap your wrist if you called someone an asshole. This is to manage the dark side of the human condition.

Some examples of harassment:
  • Repeated bullying and badmouthing about being a recruit
  • Telling someone to kill themselves and being serious about it
  • Shit talking someone publicly to the point that it gets reasonably out of hand and toxic
  • Discriminating against someone in an uncalled-for way for being gay
Some examples of behavior not categorized here:
  • Being an asshole to a friend who understands the jokes and the context they're in
  • Calling Sui an uglyass bitch (because he probably wouldn't care, the lil bitch :^) )
  • Calling HG a "Christian Community" (it's a fucking meme)
  • Getting into a small argument with someone and accidentally calling them a dick. If you guys can cease arguing and resolve your differences without any issue, it's not a huge deal
Here's a link to the rule: https://hellsgamers....assment-policy/
In response to a lot of questions, we posted this after: https://hellsgamers....ouncement-mean/

Neither of these gave a proper forum for us to discuss the practical application of these "new" rules. We in leadership will do our best to give you a mock verdict and punishment if it's considered harassment, so fire away.
Posted Image

Fuck image caps for sigs, I made an Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/f35Dh

SupaNipplez, on June 13 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

My gender holds no boundaries

View PostDuphin, on January 4 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

I kept getting RDMed by some random in the TTT server so i walked outside in the rain to get my new debit card out of the mailbox called to get it activated bought gold and slayed that kid. Somehow they let my abusing ass become Mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Bald Man

• 1,258 posts

I'm making this thread in response to people telling me HG is becoming too sanitized, which I strongly disagree with. We're clearing up the gray area in the rules we already enforce and have been enforcing for years, and I want to make it clear to everyone who asks what management believes is fair game
Posted Image

I kept getting RDMed by some random in the TTT server so i walked outside in the rain to get my new debit card out of the mailbox called to get it activated bought gold and slayed that kid. Somehow they let my abusing ass become Mod.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Bald Man

• 1,258 posts

Forums edited, you can reply now
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Teemo

Teemo

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSniffing a hotdog
Okay, this is cool. Say someone is REALLY bad,talking about nastily you behind your back, I.E. Gang chat in JB, can a friend of the person being bad mouthed screenie and send in for a ban?

Cause i kid you not, I've had over 10 people in my time as recruit constantly laugh at me bout the reapply shite. Gets annoying.  So could. Friend report them basically?

Edited by Tyrion quadister, January 13 2017 - 11:11 PM.

:

Iron Chef

Iron Chef

CS:S Division Leader

• 833 posts
  • LocationConcord, CA

Anyone who has screen shots of harassment should share them.  Even if it isn't about them.

Posted Image

JarJarBinks

JarJarBinks

HG Member

• 410 posts
  • LocationOtoh Gunga, Naboo

View PostIron Chef, on January 13 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

Anyone who has screen shots of harassment should share them.  Even if it isn't about them.

That could also lead to a slippery slope where people might have screenshots or various other things be sent, when no one involved actually saw it as harassment. This would get resolved eventually with no one getting in trouble, but that might cause headaches for anyone involved.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Iron Chef

Iron Chef

CS:S Division Leader

• 833 posts
  • LocationConcord, CA

That is a case by case basis.  If it has been resolved, the parties will let us know.  All parties will be talked to before punishments happen.  We do this now anyway.

Posted Image

optical

optical

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

also wondering who reviews the harassement, can it be made publicly?
cause im sure if one of the reviewers is the  harasser it will be brushed off as "don"t be so anal about it"

also is it harassement if someone insinuates you and a lbunch of your friends are racist based on mere myths and not facts and abuse status to make sure he/she is right even though he/she isnt? just cause someone is ignorant or just rly rly dumb....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users