Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Add Balance To Zombie Team After Zombie Ragequits

Boltcrank

Usually, after a map starts and people are selected to be zombies you get ragequits, wich has lead to rounds where there are 3-4 zombies in an 80 player game.

This could be solved with a couple of methods:

• When the number of Zombies on a map drops below 10% of total players automatically increase the difficulty until at least 10% returns.
  • Ask for volunteers have a prompt ask and for each volunteer give some points to increase the zombie numbers to make the game fun again.

This would benefit both the Zombies left after ragequits and make the first couple of rounds fun again if there are ragequits.

• Like 3

Usually, after a map starts and people are selected to be zombies you get ragequits, wich has lead to rounds where there are 3-4 zombies in an 80 player game.

• When the number of Zombies on a map drops below 10% of total players automatically increase the difficulty until at least 10% returns.
  • Ask for volunteers have a prompt ask and for each volunteer give some points to increase the zombie numbers to make the game fun again.

This would benefit both the Zombies left after ragequits and make the first couple of rounds fun again if there are ragequits.

When I saw this post I thought it was like a very dull post or something but you're actually suggesting very good ideas, congratz for that.

I would look forward for such implementation as I have indeed experienced myself the 4 zombies against 30 humans at wave 4 syndrome

or, you fix the core of the gameplay for the zombies.

there's a reason why so many starting zombies ragequit and why there are some regulars in this server who never plays zombies (either ragequit, afk, go to spectator)

but I guess temporary solutions like this would do, I'd imagine nobody wants to volunteer when it comes to the 2nd option, but might worth a try.

It is very hard if not impossible to fix afk issue on zombie team. The problem somewhat lies in the fact that zombies strength is in numbers. While you get killed by humans very quickly, you have endless respawn, which allows the cade to be whittled away at. What sucks is that it is repetitive. It gets boring after longer sessions on the server. Being boss is fun, but if you don't start zombie, you won't be boss. I think adding points to the z-team was much needed. However, if you are not boss, in a wave 4 game, an average starting zombie only nets about 30-40 points.

An idea I had was end-of-wave bonus system. Each wave would calculate separately, and points could go up or down depending on the wave number, number of people in the server, or even the human win percentage of the map. Basically, a zombie could fall into a percentile of usefulness each round. Damage to humans, barricades, brains eaten, number of respawns(that would only count when killed by humans, which would show effort to attacking cades), or even zombies spawning on your gas(I would somewhat be opposed to this, as gas would often turn into who can get the spawn down fastest, not in the best place) . Bosses could be excluded in this, as they could unfairly dominate usefulness. Basically, if you really try as a regular zombie, regardless of what wave you became one, you will be rewarded for it. Zombies in the top percentiles would get the most points and decreasing as you go down the team. On top of that, there could be a random drawing of extra points that more useful zombies have a better chance of getting. Zombies that have 0 help cannot win the points. Perhaps there could be also be individual awards, with the zombie that did the most damage to humans that round would win a bonus crate, and the same for the most to barricades. This would bring a competitive edge to the zombie team that it lacks badly after bosses have been decided.

Now there are some issues with this, most notably that it doesn't cover objective maps. I also feel that zombies who start to fall behind on the top spot could potentially just say screw it and go afk until the next wave. While I said that bosses should be excluded, I think bosses deserve something special, as they are the most important players on the zombie team. Hopefully you like my idea, thanks for reading if!

Edited by Porter2455
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely like the idea of making zombie scaling heavier when there's so few zombies. There's no incentive to play if you can't even reach the cade because the humans made a bulletcade.