Quantcast

• Create Account
180 players in 39 servers, 284 users online, 30 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

Cs: S Crackhouse Proposed Modules

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: CS: S Crackhouse Modules (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Healthkit on Dead Body

1. Yes (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. No (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Colored Smoke Grenades (Red, Yellow, Green)

1. Yes (17 votes [77.27%])

Percentage of vote: 77.27%

2. No (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Super Destructive Grenades v2

1. Yes (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (8 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

CS:S Moderator

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
Thanks to Diamelo there is a new Welcome message.  

Here is a list of other interesting modules that would improve game play.   These are running on another server in Germany and found them to be pretty cool.

Health Kit on Dead Body-  - when a player dies, on his body will appear a health-kit. You can pick it up to restore your HP  https://forums.allie...719660?p=719660

Colored Smoke Grenades-  random Red, Yellow, Blue, or Green smoke.  https://forums.allie...849413?p=849413

Super Destructive Grenades- This plugin sends weapons flying and knocks back players when a HE Grenade explodes in its vacinity. It also damages / destroys breakable entities including entities that are destroyed when the bomb goes off.  https://forums.allie...25339?p=1525339

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, February 2 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

Joe

Joe

CS:GO Division Leader

• 1,875 posts
  • LocationEngland

I like the ideas
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Alienware

Alienware

CS:S Division Staff | HGCE Leader (Corporate Partners)

• 700 posts
  • LocationCanada, Montréal

Wow, good job killer! these add-ons are pretty interesting & I think they will have a positive impact on gameplay.I mean a little change in the servers would not hurt lol. I have a question are you proposing this for the crackhouse server only or for the other deathmatch servers as well?

Posted Image

Posted Image

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View PostJoe, on February 2 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I like the ideas
Thanks.  The super destructive grenades could be VIP+ only.

View PostAlienware, on February 2 2017 - 12:20 PM, said:

Wow, good job killer! these add-ons are pretty interesting, I have a question are you proposing this for the crackhouse server only or for the other servers as well?
  They could also work on the Dust servers quite well.  Not sure about Office.

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, February 2 2017 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

jonmac5037

jonmac5037

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Locationon HG Bans Page
healthkit and super grenades are just too much for a deathmatch server, keep it fresh..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View Postjonmac5037, on February 2 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

healthkit and super grenades are just too much for a deathmatch server, keep it fresh..

As fresh as you hopping around all over the place??  lol

On a Deathmatch server Health Kit is a good way to create additional balance.  FYI- it's not a full Health Kit, only what was left when you killed the opponent.  Usually its around 20-30HP

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, February 2 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Posted Image

runfast

runfast

CS:S Division Staff

• 91 posts
  • LocationAshland Ky.
Awesome idea Killer i love all the ideas you have put out there got my vote on it :staff: :css: :)
Posted Image

sweetbro

sweetbro

Friend of HG

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Crackhouse has been doing fine without any of these things, don't fix what aint broke. Also, it seems like the smoke grenades would only be enjoyed by the admins, so what is the point of having them? The sticky grenades are over powered enough for the VIP's, there is no point in making it even worse. Healthpacks are dumb in my opinion, but its not my server so do whatever you like.

Keep in mind that most of the community that plays this server will not vote on this and a big change will more likely make the already existing player base leave rather than attract new people. I think that people come to this server because of the more "vanilla" settings, instead of all the dumb plugins that muddy up the game play.

Just my 2 cents

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View Postsweetbro, on February 2 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Crackhouse has been doing fine without any of these things, don't fix what aint broke. Also, it seems like the smoke grenades would only be enjoyed by the admins, so what is the point of having them? The sticky grenades are over powered enough for the VIP's, there is no point in making it even worse. Healthpacks are dumb in my opinion, but its not my server so do whatever you like.

Keep in mind that most of the community that plays this server will not vote on this and a big change will more likely make the already existing player base leave rather than attract new people. I think that people come to this server because of the more "vanilla" settings, instead of all the dumb plugins that muddy up the game play.

Just my 2 cents

thank you for your input.

Since I don't really know who you are, I'll just say that before I started this thread, I socialized these proposed changes with people who regularly play on the server and not one person said what you wrote.
Not all of the modules would be implemented at the same time.   Colored smoke for example is a subtle change that does not "muddy up the game play" at all, but is an added incentive to buy VIP or Admin.

We've been discussing for a while now how we can improve game play.

KS

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, February 3 2017 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

FoxHound

FoxHound

CS:GO Division Staff

• 2,607 posts
  • LocationSynecdoche, New York

View Postjonmac5037, on February 2 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

^
this all just seems too op

http://prntscr.com/eayfqa
Spoiler: quotes

Posted Image

You know that feeling when you're taking a shit and you just start screaming?

Thanks to Wabbit and ShadowHuntress (respectively) for the sigs!

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,431 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Cuba and Canada

Maybe install them on the DM rotation server which is running the new crackhouse map, see how they perform.

sweetbro

sweetbro

Friend of HG

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

View PostKiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, on February 3 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

thank you for your input.

Since I don't really know who you are, I'll just say that before I started this thread, I socialized these proposed changes with people who regularly play on the server and not one person said what you wrote.
Not all of the modules would be implemented at the same time.   Colored smoke for example is a subtle change that does not "muddy up the game play" at all, but is an added incentive to buy VIP or Admin.

We've been discussing for a while now how we can improve game play.

KS

I thought only admins had access to smoke grenades. The super destructive grenades sound like a great way to get speed for bhopping, so maybe its not so bad :^). The health kit thing is really the biggest thing that sounds bad in my opinion, that definitely changes the game play. I rarely come on the server anymore anyway so if you think its the right thing to do I won't complain.

oneshot23

oneshot23

HG Recruit

• 25 posts

So I have myself used actually both the medkits and the nade mod in the past.

-Medkits-

The medkits in my opinion is not that bad of an idea. However I would suggest that the medkit is to drop on the ground and you need to pick it up instead of just getting it added automatically to your current health. I noticed when I had them on my server it gave other players a chance to pick them up making it so if you really want to replenish your HP you have to be willing to possibly die for it. Also makes it so the players that just camp the whole time need to go out to get more health.

-Smoke Grenades-

Honestly I do not think smokes in general should be on the server as it can cause performance lag which I am sure has already been looked into. But this lag will not only affect server but can cause extra toll on the end user. It also is just annoying overall to have random smokes all over. But with smokes already being enabled then I cannot see this being a bad thing.

-Super Grenade-

This would be potentially a good add-on. No weapons would be thrown as they do not lay on the ground in DM so that wouldn't be problematic. But it would add realism to the strength of the nades. So a lot of users who were on my server at the time did enjoy that.

Posted Image

Tex

Tex

CS:S Division Staff

• 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
this would be aweosme!! should increase advanced knife siphon to 75%

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View PostTex, on February 9 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

this would be aweosme!! should increase advanced knife siphon to 75%

HG can increase $$ revenue with these adds.  :)
Posted Image

sirius

sirius

Chief of Staff

• 1,431 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Cuba and Canada

These mods are all based on AMX mod being installed. Our servers don't run AMX, they are all Sourcemod servers.

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View Postsirius, on February 14 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

These mods are all based on AMX mod being installed. Our servers don't run AMX, they are all Sourcemod servers.
  ah crap.  :(

I'll do more searching....

Edited by KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™, February 16 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

Hydranix_

Hydranix_

• 57 posts
  • Location[email protected]
I hate to say it but I disagree with all three ideas.

My rationale is:

For the healthkit idea, the good part of it is that it gives rushers an all-to-needed boost. At the same time however it paired with knife siphon would be next to unstoppable and make knifing as VIP+ overpowered. Further it would make taking down camper in some spots (like neutral) almost impossible.

I think the smoke idea would be cool, but not really much other than a cosmetic change, but with the server already very heavy with plugins, and at peak hours performance is abysmal. Colored smokes would likely just add more performance problems with the added encouragement of throwing a smoke.
I absolutely must stress that smokes cannot be made available to anybody but admin for the fact that deploying a smoke disables the ability to record a demo while it's active. This could be exploited to allow cheaters to get away clean (kind of ironic being a smoke grenade).

Finally, nades as they are now, are already powerful. Having semtex for VIP+ is IMO enough of a nade boost. (also a really cool plugin, whoever wrote it).

The ideas are cool though Killers Sens, I just can see some potential for subtle problems arising their misuse.

Edited by Hydranix_, March 21 2017 - 06:47 PM.

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

KiLLeR SeNSaTioN™

• 300 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View PostHydranix_, on March 21 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

I hate to say it but I disagree with all three ideas.

My rationale is:

For the healthkit idea, the good part of it is that it gives rushers an all-to-needed boost. At the same time however it paired with knife siphon would be next to unstoppable and make knifing as VIP+ overpowered. Further it would make taking down camper in some spots (like neutral) almost impossible.

I think the smoke idea would be cool, but not really much other than a cosmetic change, but with the server already very heavy with plugins, and at peak hours performance is abysmal. Colored smokes would likely just add more performance problems with the added encouragement of throwing a smoke.
I absolutely must stress that smokes cannot be made available to anybody but admin for the fact that deploying a smoke disables the ability to record a demo while it's active. This could be exploited to allow cheaters to get away clean (kind of ironic being a smoke grenade).

Finally, nades as they are now, are already powerful. Having semtex for VIP+ is IMO enough of a nade boost. (also a really cool plugin, whoever wrote it).

The ideas are cool though Killers Sens, I just can see some potential for subtle problems arising their misuse.

Thanks for all the feedback.  For the nay-sayers I think play on a server that has the health and colored smoke and see what you think first.    Here's the address:  176.9.125.76:27015

Thank you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users