Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ryze's Gmod Suggestions

Ryze

Recently, I've been giving other gamemodes in HG a try since I've noticed I've spent an insane amount of time on Zombie Survival. I began by participating in the CS:S Jailbreak Event and even though I was a bit lost, I found it fun. Following this, I began to explore other servers. When it was time to try the servers on garrysmod, well... There weren't any others to try other than Cinema with a few ZS players.

I have seen how well the CS:GO server is growing and they are in the process of lauching 3 new servers, which can be found here.

I would like to suggest we try to expand and swap out some of our current dead servers or add new ones to diversify gameplay on gmod.

Here were some servers I had in mind or that have already been suggested:

• Sassalazation server which has already been requested here
  • TTT which I know has been around before as I saw in some other topics in gmod general discussion
  • Prop Hunt

Now there are a plentiful of servers we can choose from, if we were to be serious about this, a proper vote should be done.

This adds on to the next thing I would like to talk about. HG provides a wide and diverse selection of events to its players, most being CS:S, CS:Go, or TF2. Now, I know I haven't been on the forums as long as some of you, but I do not recall the last time HG had a gmod event other than the ones Face Guy organized for Cinema.

I have recently suggested we set up a TTT event which can be found here and a lot of people seem to be willing to participate. I have also been talking with ZS players to try and figure out some kind of Cinema event we can do, but it is still in the works. And in terms of having a ZS event, well it's a bit harder but there have been some ideas such as an objective marathon suggested by Watch.

If we can combine these two ideas/points together, we could potentially revive some gmod servers or get some new active ones, bring in some new recruits, as well as be able to provide more events for us gmod players and potentially attract other players to the gmod servers.

Let me know what you guys think, Ryze.

• Like 7

HG needs more Garry's Mod servers to sustain the future of the Garry's mod division, a easy link for prop hunt for example would make more players play on both servers if it was correctly published and therefore more events would increase the server population. However cons of this are cost of operating servers and will the amount of players needs to be at a constant rate for it to be able to server not like perp. Also this game is getting around 13 years old so if opening up the server now be a good idea or bad?, but it is not my decision to make.

• Like 1

A Sassilization server would be by far the best, seeing how people can get addicted to it so easily (Faceguy being on the slot machines is a prime example :P )

Maps for it would be very easy to make as well sense they are so simple and not that large for the gamemode's purpose. I think we need to expand our servers in the division to more than just zombles and stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...