Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Help] Defense Objective Suggestions

ForrestMarkX

I want to make something for regular ZS that is sort of like a defense objective similiar to Sanity Sigils. I want to implement something like this because the dry old "lets all cade here and sit in this cade for 2 hours" thing is getting rather old. I want to setup something that makes players have to defend multiple spots in a way.

I though about something like Combine Caches that you can teleport between and when protected long enough awards players with weapons and if it gets destroyed by zombies awards those zombies with powerups. Another idea was CSS style with protecting civilians from the infected.

Edited by ForrestMarkX
  • Like 4

Are we forced to stay near of it and defend until the end of wave 6 for win or it's just an objective that we can ignore for some map and keep going make some solo cade away of it, If we can get more information?

Yes you can choose to ignore it but zombies will get upgrades for destroying them that'll make things a tad bit more difficult

• Like 3

That sounds really really cool. For contex, Sanity Sigils is a mode on Nox that has humans defend three pillars randomly placed on a map. If they are destroyed, zombies get buffs earlier in a game. Once the final wave is over, the alive pillars turn into a door that humans must escape through. So humans have to make a choice on whether to defend all 3 and divide forces, but keep zombies weaker, or leave 1 or 2 undefended and consolidate forces, but give zombies buffs. I just looked that up on Nox update logs, so I'm not sure if it still works that way.

A few questions/things to consider:

-Would you design a system that applies to all maps at random times, or design maps around the system and leave maps already in the server alone? I would prefer the first choice, as it would mixup all maps.

-Since this would add challenge to a map, it would be awesome if getting through a door would give you a hefty point bonus. It could even compound based off the maps difficultly in its regular mode. Winning mlt home with sigils would be borderline impossible, so it should have a massive win bonus for succeeding. This could be an issue on low population for easy points, however, so a balance would need to be found.

Thanks Forrest!

Edited by Porter2455

A few questions/things to consider:

-Would you design a system that applies to all maps at random times, or design maps around the system and leave maps already in the server alone? I would prefer the first choice, as it would mixup all maps.

-Since this would add challenge to a map, it would be awesome if getting through a door would give you a hefty point bonus. It could even compound based off the maps difficultly in its regular mode. Winning mlt home with sigils would be borderline impossible, so it should have a massive win bonus for succeeding. This could be an issue on low population for easy points, however, so a balance would need to be found.

I would have a system where developers can place nodes using a tool for where the cache will spawn at.

I planned to have defending the caches not have a door that spawns to escape but instead will spit out weapons Borderlands style then implode leaving behind a temporary portal for humans to return to other caches or the main cade

Edited by ForrestMarkX

I would have a system where developers can place nodes using a tool for where the cache will spawn at.

I planned to have defending the caches not have a door that spawns to escape but instead will spit out weapons Borderlands style then implode leaving behind a temporary portal for humans to return to other caches or the main cade

I like your idea, I would definitely work ahead with it. Anything that mixes up the server is awesome.

You also mentioned civilian protection. I think that could be a cool addition, it would just need to be implemented well. It could either involve bots or making a random set of humans civilians and having to defend them. It's just important to keep in mind that if it's not worth protecting the civilians, then humans won't bother doing it. Also, making players civilians(assuming that civilians cannot use weapons, cade, etc.) could make a game really boring for them, even if they got a nice bonus for surviving. I'm sure you could think of something cool, so go forward with the idea if you see potential.

Yes you can choose to ignore it but zombies will get upgrades for destroying them that'll make things a tad bit more difficult

Make sure is a "bit" powerups most of people dont like to stay with everyone if you kill the gameplay of solo cader or everyone has decided to cade away from the cache for some reason and that we die easily because zombie are too powerfull, some people will not be happy.

Also the human should not receive a reward (points/gun) for defending it, they are already OP by the pointsaving most of people have over 25k points they must buy and cade to prevent upgrade of zombie. Zombie side It is necessary to give the motivation to zombie for break it, earn a bit of points by doing damage against the cache and not make the free points for everyone like when we kill an max threat or heros should be the best solution against the people who stay afk to win the points without doing anything.

• Like 1

What kind of powerups are we talking about, like bonus crates or something else?

• 2 weeks later...