Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Racism

Drew Horton

This seems like a simple topic but it always comes up and I've never had a clear answer on it.

Why are users allowed to be racist towards Jews? There's constant Holocaust jokes and "hurr durr Jew jokes" that turn into me arguing with them. It's exhausting. The answer I always get is "Jews aren't a race", which 1. They are, and 2. I thought we didn't allow discrimination in the first place?

Eventually we'll have a bunch of edgy kids screaming "Kike" at each other when they finally learn that word.

I don't see/hear the jokes u talk about, I mean, unless there's been a spike recently, usual it's a lot of holocaust jokes, which is annoying, but not really horrible unless they go into detail or somethin. Being Jewish, I take offense from stuff like that, but as long as it's not REALLY detailed or really offensive I'm ok with it, just imo.

Don't see anything wrong with it, to sum it up.

But there is a line though, just don't cross it and make sure it's all in good fun and people know what they say.

Edited by Tyrion quadister

https://hellsgamers.com/_/hellsgamers-news/hg-anti-harassment-policy-r489

Harassment based upon an individual's sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other personal characteristics will not be tolerated.

Whether or not you consider the joke harassment or not, you never know whether or not someone will be offended and it doesnt matter if they even are jewish. Its against the rules.

This seems like a simple topic but it always comes up and I've never had a clear answer on it.

Why are users allowed to be racist towards Jews? There's constant Holocaust jokes and "hurr durr Jew jokes" that turn into me arguing with them. It's exhausting. The answer I always get is "Jews aren't a race", which 1. They are, and 2. I thought we didn't allow discrimination in the first place?

Eventually we'll have a bunch of edgy kids screaming "Kike" at each other when they finally learn that word.

We don't support this actions! please if you see anybody doing it, contact Staff, LD,D and C so they can take care of this problem.

If not, you can just contact me and i'll take care of it.

Thank you for playing on our servers.

As the person who wrote the anti-harassment policy, i can promise you that it's only under serious circumstances that this rule applies. Forms of harassment are a federal crime in the US, so this policy is mostly a reiteration of what my country already considers to be obscene and unlawful language. This policy is NOT meant to be bolstered as a tinfoil shield against jokes and prejudiced terms that are taken out of the context they originated from. This rule is a reminder, a protection against the serious intent to inflict emotional distress. 99% of the times we mute people in servers is done under the pretense of the word or action being forbidden, not because it falls under the once-in-a-blue-moon situation that is legitimate harassment. Huge difference between harassment and discrimination.

This is a huge common misconception.

That said, a serious announcement about what is and isn't allowed in HG with regards to anti-semitism, the use of fag and fa**** and other terms needs to be made. There's too much ambiguity. If I could have it my way still, all discrimination based on sensitive and often unalterable circumstances wouldn't be allowed.

Fag, fa****, retard, autist, are all words I wouldnt expect to be permitted after reading our communities rules and guidelines. I understand the more toxic nature of the internet and even more so in CSGO, so I get that these are imbedded in csgo culture, but if we are cracking down on bad words, I would like to see the afformentioned consided for removal

• Like 1

I understand that this may sound bad because, you know, I'm white and I'm not really in any place to discuss this, but...

If you say shit like that, you are fucked up. You need to reconsider how your words and actions affect our community and how they affect the people who care the most about their religion.

You should not be here if you say these things.

• Like 1

You can call me however you like and I won't mind because I don't have anything to be ashamed of or anything that jumps in everyone's line of sight. The thing is, there are people that got used to calling others the n word because they probably live in a place where that's a way of greeting. Same goes for Jews. I call AyePeeps a filthy Jew and he doesn't mind. He call's me a slutty Serb :)

However, making fun of things such as the Holocaust and that stupid war stuff is a bit over the line. No one cares if you like the Jews or not... That type of offence is perma bannable I think.

Im locking this.

We dont support this behavior, please if you see anyone that's doing this, always contact our S , LD , D, C members, We'll handle it.

Here's our Anti Harrasment policy.

http://hellsgamers.c...ent-policy-r489

Thank you.