Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Variants Help

ForrestMarkX

Well giving that some zombies have different skins I figured it would be cool to add variants to the zombies instead of having a random skins. I need community help to think up of the types of varients.

Here are the current me and Marco thought up

- Runner Zombie -

Regular Zombie that can run faster like a fresh dead but does less damage and has less health

- Healer Zombie -

Regular Zombie that can heal other zombies

- Ice Immolator -

Immolator that can freeze humans in place and can freeze nailed props making them temporarily take more damage

- Ice Bonemesh -

Bonemesh that can shoot ice balls that have the same affect as the Ice Immolator

- Phasing Wraith -

A late game wraith that can slowly phase through nailed props

• Like 4

I find it good to find 6 new zombie class for some zombie this will make a big choice of zombie and keep the main zombie usefull for new strategie against this doorcade everyday, currently we need left click for select zombie now with right click we can change zombie class ?

Here some crazy idea lol

- Chem zombie 2 -

Very fast but less damage and increase distance damage

- Poison headcrab 2 -

Projectile with screen black with 10 damage but fast cooldown between projectile (maybe more hp or less hp ?)

- Pukepus 2 -

Make your screen black OnHit by projectile (but less damage) also can throw smoke around him small distance with right click (effect smoke = screen black or poison)

(more hp or less hp ?)

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 5

I like your ideas so far. I feel phasing wraith could be overpowered, as I can see zombies just crouching through props, being unhittable during that time, and destroy humans. It could also be useless if they would just get killed by high tier weapons before they could have a chance to do anything.

I would also say that ice should not be able to do much damage to a prop. This would allow the regular bone mesh to stay relevant and force the zombies to work together to attack with a horde of ice setters, then follow it up with damage dealers. Perhaps an ice chem would be useful as well, as the current chem is not that helpful.

SUGGESTIONS:

Name: ShadowShade

What it does:

Very similar to regular shade, but instead of blocking bullets, the shade carrys a dark cloud of smoke aound it. The smoke heals zombies and makes it difficult for humans to see outside the cade.

This one is really crazy and I see issues with it, but it's an idea anyway.

Name: Suprise! Wraith

What it does:

A wraith that is able to masquerade as a prop of their choice by pressing e on a prop on the map. Their health is determined by the size of the prop. The wraith can move around as the prop, but cannot do damage until they "rig the trap" by pressing e again. Once the trap is rigged, the wraith cannot move. If a human walks by the wraith hidden as a prop, a sticky substance is spread out over a radius in which all humans nearby are captured and are stuck in place for a certain amount of time, taking damage per second and becoming easy pickings for zombies nearby. The radius, time, and damage would be determined by the size of the prop. If you want to get really really crazy, allow shades to pick up the wraith as a prop before they rig the trap. They can't prop kill, but instead can throw wraiths into cades and potentially set up traps inside a cade.

A see a couple problems with this. First all of all, it seems insane. I refer to what I started with, in that this is just an idea I had. Other than that, Humans might start breaking props in fear that it's a wraith. It could be argued though that humans destroying their own props is part of the game, as its directly due to the zombies efforts. The other is that people will be upset that they trap the human, but someone else gets the brain.

SUGGESTION:

Name: Throwing-Butcher

What it does: A butcher that loves to throw his butcher knife. He cannot directly swing his knife, only throw it at people. Once thrown, he can either pick the knife back up, or wait 30 seconds to get a new one. If a headshot, insta kill. Body 65 damage. Anywhere else, 40 damage.

In terms of pure killing power, the original butcher would much outweigh the throwing butcher. However, This would give the butcher some much needed use outside of wave 2. He could actually pressure a cade, as people would need to be wary to watch out for a butcher knife flying into the safety of a cade. This would be balanced by a the butchers low health pool, as he would have to come into the line of fire in order to throw a knife into a cade.

Here's my suggestion:

Late game Bosses:

Have normal bosses like Tickle, Nightmare, butcher pukepus, etc at the beginning and later on in the game wave 5, 6 or even 7 for the few maps that have it have harder versions of the bosses with more hp and more dmg or even unlock the new bosses like the Giant zombine one (cant remember the name rn) or the "Nerf" Boss, or that possible Ice bonemesh you mentioned which sounds pretty cool.

another Idea I had is having a "Flesh Guardian" or something that is like a flesh beast like boss.

• Like 1

Here's my suggestion:

Late game Bosses:

Have normal bosses like Tickle, Nightmare, butcher pukepus, etc at the beginning and later on in the game wave 5, 6 or even 7 for the few maps that have it have harder versions of the bosses with more hp and more dmg or even unlock the new bosses like the Giant zombine one (cant remember the name rn) or the "Nerf" Boss, or that possible Ice bonemesh you mentioned which sounds pretty cool.

another Idea I had is having a "Flesh Guardian" or something that is like a flesh beast like boss.

I like that idea. Perhaps by the end of wave 3 if the human zombie ratio is over 75%, then "super bosses" are activated. Bosses now get double health and 1.5x-2x damage. The same thing happens at the end of wave 4 if the ratio is over 55/60%. And wave 6 should have super bosses unlocked no matter what. I hate that so few bosses are viable by wave 6, as nightmare, legion, pukepus, wendigo, butcher, king poison, and king headcrab all get destroyed in seconds. Basically, if you are not shade, you are useless.

• Like 1

Alpha Ghoul

Unlocked at: Wave 4

Base health: 125

Model: based on regular Ghoul

Role: support

Primary Attack: Poison Claws (same damage as Regular Ghoul)

Secondary Attack: Rage Enzyme Toss

Instead of tossing poison, Alpha Ghoul spits out Rage Enzyme. Zombies hit by Rage Enzyme moves and attack significantly faster for 3 seconds (half effect on bosses). Multiple Rage Enzyme from multiple Alpha Ghouls stacks.

Rage Enzyme still poison humans hit.

Reload: Spawn an Alpha Spawnpoint. Similar to normal spawnpoint by regular Ghouls, but zombies spawning on Alpha Spawnpoints gain Rage Enzyme effect for 3 seconds.

Nuke Ghoul

Unlocked at Wave 5

Base Health: 375

Model: regular Ghoul

Role: Area denial, human assasination

Primary Attack: Radioactive Claws (52 poison damage to humans. 18 poison damage to nailed props)

Secondary Attack: Radioactive Goo Toss

Instead of regular poison, Nuke Ghoul tosses Radioactive Goo. Radioactive Goo persists on surfaces it hits for 10 seconds (walls, floor, world objects), dealing poisonous damage to any human stepping on it.

Radioactive Goo also clings onto humans it hit directly, dealing minor over time damage (half the dps and half the duration compared to goo on surfaces).

Edited by iProbie
  • Like 1

Tickle's Big Little Brother

Exact opposite of a tickle. Has very little range, but packs a huge punch on props. 80 damage per hit on a prop and attacks with same speed as a tickle. Has the same health pool (or even less health) as a tickle, so he is pretty frail. Can do big damage to a cade, but needs to pair up with other zombies to be able to reach full potential.

Edited by Porter2455

King Poison Headcrab 2

Instead of doing damage to humans, the king poison headcrab's spitballs do acid damage to a prop. It does 5-10 damage per second for 3-5 seconds. This would give some usage to king poison, as currently, it's pretty much a waste of a boss choice. This would completely outclass the original king poison headcrab, but it needs a buff anyway, and it could find some use in this roll.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the ice immolator would be way too big a deterrent for people pushing out in between rounds, and would be overused. Unless its a round 5 option, where you wouldnt make it unless you have a decent cade anyway, or wouldnt survive the next round, I don't see the ice immolator being a good addition.

Prop phasing wraith, pls no. Way too overpowered.

I could definitely see a healing zombie work, could buff up end round lurkers so they arent left at 30 health.

Civil Protection Zombie

Has less health than a zombine but more than a poison. Faster than zombine(on par with a running zombine) but punch the same amount of damage as the default zombie.

The observer zombie(wave 1)

same stats as a regular zombie

special ability - Can display a point message to coordinate attacks.

Salvager(wave 3?)

Salvage props/weapons to support the team.

Metal props - additional armor to the zombie of their chosing

wooden props - a broken plank

Human weapons - self explanatory(Weaker variant of the weapon and only salvager can equip it)

Zombie Master(Limited boss,Only one)

Same stats as nightmare with the added ability to do the same as the observer zombie.

Suggest change for zombine

-Lower the health(or keep it) but also add armor in the same way that the regular armor does.

Edited by Great Leader Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

-Magnetic Shade

like a normal shade but instead of manipulating props, it attract bullet shot by humans to himself (obviously a boss for tanking)

the only ability this boss zombie have is magnetic field which will attract bullet, so he can't attack the human

P.S if it's impossible to manipulate the trajectory of the bullet we can just make his hit box larger when he activate the skill

Very good idea Forrest.

Your ideas are good but I prefer the zombie evolutions proposed by trazix, lambada and the poison headcrab lvl 2 by porter.

For me, I think it would be good to activate it only after a number of death (50%?) Or from wave 5.

Otherwise I have 1 zombie to propose:

A CHILD ZOMBIE

We have adult zombies but why not make a zombie child? Who run fast but do less damage? For example a child with a doll in one hand.

Edited by Master ToF