Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ryzen 5 Announced

Ryze

Ryzen 5 is said to release April 11. There are going to be 4 models (1400, 1500X, 1600, 1600X), ranging from 4 to 6 cores from $170 to $250. The Ryzen 5 1600X is said to be 69% more performant than the i5-7600k (which recently came out and is a great Intel processor) in Cinnebench. If the statement holds up on release after we get some benchmarks from youtube reviewers and such, would anyone make the switch to Ryzen 5 or stick with Intel? Ryzen 3 is said to hit in the 2nd half of the year.

I myself might check what Ryzen 3 has to offer since it'll be cheap and probably has some good performance in it and maybe build a 2nd PC.

Here's a link with more information: https://videocardz.c...h-on-april-11th

Intel i7 7700k for me at the moment. Until AMD steps up their gaming area, intel is the way to go.

even though Intel processors have a higher overall gaming performance and better price to performance, AMD ryzen has much higher minimums and framerates will be much more stable which makes the experience much smoother than its Intel counterpart.

my suggestion is to go with Intel where high single-threaded performance will benefit you and with AMD if gaming is not your only priority and also do some multitasking.

Benchmarks by Bitwit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cznxigESBo&ab_channel=Bitwit

Edited by Dogtorwho