Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

"get To" And "get On" Lava Day Tarps Explained.

Tank////

Per the JB Bible, these are the rules for lava days.

• Lava days: Giving a new order which makes ts to jump or go to floor voids the lava day. Aka cant tarp ts with any order that makes then go to floor and kill them cause its lava day.

• Lava days are to be seen as a replacement of a designated floor, if a T is on the designated floor the T may be killed. If the T fails the jump resulting in touching the designated floor and the T successfully reaches another obstacle then the T may not be killed for touching the lava.

Lets discuss, if you're on the top a big cage during a lava day and are told to "get to" something. IE, "Get to the closest archway leading to knife area" even though you can get to it without touching the ground, is it a freekill to kill someone for directly running "to" the archway on the ground?

I think this needs clarified.

Cheers,

-Tank

Edited by Tank////

This originates from a tarp that I've taken to quite recently so let me explain.

The tarp involves having the T's on top of the big cage and then getting them to 'get to the first archway leading to shot for shot'. The trick is that you can get to the archway without touching the ground, by going on top of the silo, on top of the catwalk, then on deagle cage and using the race light beacons.

Getting on the archway is getting to it. The way I see it is that when it is a lava day, and you can complete an order without touching the floor (as can be done in this case), then this is the approach that should be taken.

I agree that it is a dirty tarp, and I think that as I/others use it more, it will become more known and less people are likely to die as a result from it.

There is where I disagree with you Pongo. The words mean two very different things.

Definition of on

1a —used as a function word to indicate position in contact with and supported by the top surface of.... the book is lying on the table

Definition of to

1c — used as a function word to indicate contact or proximity.... applied polish to the tableput her hand to her heart

-Tank

Edited by Tank////

@[member=blue :D],[quote name=blue :D' timestamp='1491171665' post='743078]

getting on the archway is not getting to it.

Getting ON == getting TO iff you can make it via 1 (ONE) jump. (IE, closest rails to VIP shingles, hurdles controls, under carriage of cell stairs, etc...)

Thank you Blue, it looks like this is not a valid tarp and should be banned in this case.

-Tank

Only if it's (1) jump as blue said.

So, you'd be right, but the order on big cage to knife arena archway is invalid.

I still disagree, but if we're going to set precedence for the (1) jump rule..... well then it is what it is.

Edited by Tank////

I agree with Iron Chef and nielsfalko here, the words mean two different things. Who has the final say, is it (1) jump, or if you say "to" are we agreeing that means the lava day is no long in affect?

Bobby, in your case I would say refer to the bible: Using the word "to" invalidates the lava day, but I don't make the rules here. I just want clarification. Like Iron said, it seems common sense that you would not kill someone getting "to" something on the ground.

• Lava days: Giving a new order which makes ts to jump or go to floor voids the lava day. Aka cant tarp ts with any order that makes then go to floor and kill them cause its lava day."

Edited by Tank////

Surely getting on something is a method of getting to something. If the floor is lava then the other options are not possible?

If I had T's on top of solitary and I gave the order "All T's make your way to infirm" would it not then be expected that they jump on 2nd tier of fountain and then to the green cross then onto infirm because it's a lava day? That's more than one jump but touching the floor would surely get you killed there?

As a further example, if T's are on the railing on the upper cells and I tell them to get to the top of cells during a lava day, I would expect them to jump on a door then get on top of cells. That's more than one jump and if they went on the floor and used the ladder they would surely be killed?

I get that "to" and "on" are different things, but like I said, getting on the archway is a method of getting to it. In this situation where the option of using the floor is expended by the floor being lava, then you should be left with the only other option of getting onto it.

Here's the thing, you guys ALL need to chill with this nitpicking, that being said...

There is a difference between "get to" and "get on" whether you like it or not. "Get on" means to get on top of something while "Get to" means to quite literally get to the designated area, not specifically get on top(Like the trap with "get to" hurdles controls).

To summarize, you need to be clear with your orders; we are not trying to advanced word trap the entire server. The orders need to obviously make only one way of doing the order, the right way. In this situation you must say "Get on" the archway to make the order clear and valid.

Hope this helps, if not, please message a jailbreak supervisor for further clarification

• Like 4