Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Motivation For Working Out

Jxhn

You already figured out step one my dude.

You want to workout, right? Why?

Because you aren't comfortable with your weight?

Because you want to gain muscle?

Because something happened in your life that's made you want to change it around?

Use whatever reasoning you have as fuel to motivate yourself to keep going to the gym everyday.

Everyone has a reason to be in the gym one way or another.

Me personally, something happened in my personal life that made me want to change my life. I realized that I couldn't live with being big anymore, but point is, I used that situation as fuel everyday. Whenever I felt like I couldn't run any longer, I thought about the situation that happened and I ran longer, faster. Whenever I thought about eating mcdonalds I thought back and said nope, I'll never be that person again.

Find your drive. And I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, it ain't easy. Takes dedication. So be ready for that

• Like 9

You already figured out step one my dude. You want to workout, right? Why? Because you aren't comfortable with your weight? Because you want to gain muscle? Because something happened in your life that's made you want to change it around? Use whatever reasoning you have as fuel to motivate yourself to keep going to the gym everyday. Everyone has a reason to be in the gym one way or another. Me personally, something happened in my personal life that made me want to change my life. I realized that I couldn't live with being big anymore, but point is, I used that situation as fuel everyday. Whenever I felt like I couldn't run any longer, I thought about the situation that happened and I ran longer, faster. Whenever I thought about eating mcdonalds I thought back and said nope, I'll never be that person again. Find your drive. And I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, it ain't easy. Takes dedication. So be ready for that

I fucking told you.

• Like 2

I would just suggest starting off small don't go full bore into it right away. Just start by going to somewhere to workout or have/find a friend to join you that wants to workout as well. If that person likes going to workout or already does fitness stuff, they can really help motivate you.

lol all these replies lmfao.

No one can motivate you but yourself, really. If you want to be the best version of yourself physically then go workout. Just depends on if you want to waste your potential or not

/thread

lol all these replies lmfao.

No one can motivate you but yourself, really. If you want to be the best version of yourself physically then go workout. Just depends on if you want to waste your potential or not

/thread

Why is every reply you give on workout threads cocky, shitty, and errogant?

Jesus Christ you suck. Gym rat

• Like 1

Why is every reply you give on workout threads cocky, shitty, and errogant?

Jesus Christ you suck. Gym rat

I saw you curling in the squat rack, nice try though

First I'm going to give you an example of where I started to give you an idea of my points below.

At the beginning of 2011 before I went to Marine Corps bootcamp, i weighed in at about 143lbs. I've been a skinny bastard my whole life (what many people call an "ectomorph"). Before I got deployed I did put on some noob gains and reached about 153-155lbs but nothing too significant. I hammered myself with alcohol and smoked cigarettes on an almost daily basis until my first deployment. When I got deployed in 2013 is where I really went all out. Granted I didn't have shit else to do but I made a goal. I wanted to gain weight. I didn't want to be called that skinny bastard every damn day. Throughout the 11 months that I was deployed I busted my ass, ate to recover, and went even harder as days went on. When I came back to the states, my final weight was 175lbs. Ever since then I've let nothing get in the way of my working out, continued to create goals, and stuck with them. I'm now at 205lbs and have never felt better.

The point of the example above is create goals. Create short term and long term goals and STICK WITH THEM. Don't constantly change them. Learn the correct way, not the lazy way (This is optimal so you don't injure yourself). Keep a log of your progress so you can see that you are making progress. Once you see progress, continue to meet your short term goals while working to meet your long term goals. When you look at yourself in the mirror and see the progress you've made, you'll stay motivated and you'll want to learn more.

A side note as well. All this depends on your goals. Whether you're doing crossfit, powerlifting, bodybuilding, or whatever. If you do powerlifting stuff, watch powerlifting videos of people pulling crazy ass weight. Maybe this doesn't make you motivated? Then watch progress videos of people such as transformations between 1-10 years. Look on youtube for different stuff to keep you motivated and keep your head in the game. One thing that I do especially on the Instagram posts of my progress is say that I'm always motivated. You will always have days where you are not as motivated as you were yesterday, but sometimes the false motivation helps too. Keep making progress and kicking ass!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...