Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bring Upon The Warriors! (Sword And Shield Idea)

Snowyamur

There are many players that I see in ZS who are brave souls that fight in the ways of the warrior, otherwise buying a katana for 50 points and running around like a lunatic, hacking n' slashing. While this is a fun way to kill zombies (at least for me, not sure for others), I thought why not make melee a bit more interesting. Introducing the Sword and Shield Idea.

What is it?

The idea came to me recently when I remembered the fun I had playing Berserker on Killing Floor 2, using the Bonecrusher. Shielding and bashing is fun for me when I go 1v1 against the Patriarch on Hard or Suicidal difficulty, and since then the class has become a favorite for me. Basically, the idea is what the name of it is: sword and shield. Players will be able to block with the shield and slash with the sword. Why not go medieval right away instead of hoping for the chances of being the Dark Knight from a Bonus Loot Crate?

How will it work?

Humans can block with the shield against zombie attacks, and the damage is essentially halved when blocking. They can also "time-block" against zombie attacks, where if a Human wielder times the block right as the zombie hits him/her, all damage will be halved and the zombie will stagger, similar to Dishonored's melee blocking mechanics. To simply put, the attack is the sword slashing forward, nothing complex, nothing hard to pull off (hopefully). Basically, this weapon-pair will allow Humans who like beat zombies to death have offensive-defensive utilities so they don't die right off the bat.

Simplified Statistics

Cost - 50 or 75 points (not sure which one yet)

Sword Slash (Left-click attack) - deals 30 points of damage and pushes zombies a tad-bit back, attacks at the same rate as the Katana, range is shorter than Katana; damage will be reduced on bosses where it is normally reduced otherwise.

Bulwark (Right-click block) - raises shield to block a zombie attack that will halve the damage inflicted; will not work against props thrown at humans by Shade, Pukepus spit, Bonemesh's gas and meat balls, and Gas Zombie's explosion; WILL negate Immolator's fire, Poison Zombie's spittle, and Poison Headcrab's spittle. Human will stagger upon blocking an attack.

"Time Block" (Right-click block) - upon timed-block instance of 0.2 seconds before zombie hit, no damage will be incurred and the attacking zombie will stagger. Does NOT work on the Butcher, Chrono Butcher, Steadfast and Regular Nightmare, Bonemesh swipe, King Headcrab jump, and any headcrab jumping attacks. Will also not work on Legions.

Size - Refer to the size of Bonecrusher from KF2.

Running Speed - I have no idea, I guess a bit slower since more gear?

Appearance - Up to the coders and art designers here.

Hope this is something to be added in-game for ZS.

post-35180-0-56667000-1492498003_thumb.jpg

post-35180-0-08412300-1492498009_thumb.jpg

• Like 3