Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Imbeast

Hey guys! From playing on the HG zs server for years I've noticed how much I love being in a mall map while fighting off hordes of the undead. So I thought to myself, "what if I could make my own mall map?"

I fired up hammer and started watching tutorials on how to make maps and been learning and making this map ever since. It's still a work in progress though!

This is my first map, hopefully it turns out great and makes it onto the server. Oh, and also the name of the map is probably temporary until I think of a better one or if someone suggests one.

post-39600-0-19721900-1493615766_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-06403500-1493615787_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-72149700-1493615795_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-35782100-1493615802_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Progress is going great! Here's another sneak peak on something I am gonna do.

c36963bb9eaab19ec1c9cf405cc31dbf.png

I also had to remove the working mirrors because func_reflectiveglass is buggy near an areaportal. I can now see why many maps don't use reflective glass.

Edited by Imbeast
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Map is roughly around 60% complete. I need to finish more shops, work on the outside, make a 3D skybox, and add some small details.

Hard part of making this map is over.

I might need to make this a 7 wave map because there's plenty of places to cade. At this point I am being very careful not to add too many props.

Here's some new screenshots of the map so far:

post-39600-0-71668300-1495539310_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-77775100-1495539312_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-51432700-1495539314_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-12189700-1495539316_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-07171600-1495539318_thumb.jpg

post-39600-0-10761500-1495539320_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sent a few beta bsps to a few people to see how they like it so far. Still working on it though! Also if you want your name on the map please pm me. I am making some stores with player names on them.

Note that not all names will make it in due to limited amount of stores left and if your name is too wacky to put into a shop name then I might not put it in.

Here's the ones I have so far:

Ryse: https://i.gyazo.com/...e1fc612a876.png

NorthGround: https://i.gyazo.com/...9a66dda8b1d.png

Exfro: https://i.gyazo.com/...8c5faaceccb.png

Moo: https://i.gyazo.com/...e6adda85ade.png

Edited by Imbeast
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Map is still a work in progress. Been slacking off and doing other things, but I'll manage to finish this by the end of the year. So here's some few notes I've made.

So far I actually like how the gameplay runs on this.

Basically the zombies spawn on the top floor and have the option to jump down on humans outside cades below or take alternative paths to get to different areas. Humans can play inside or outside cades depending on how good the zombies are and if they use bosses wisely.

I try to give different options for different boss zombies like a room/shop for shade to grab big props or a vent for bonemesh to shoot balls through.

I made a change with the overall map to hasten my progress. I closed the map up and made it an inside-only map.

I'll use the 3D skybox to make a parking lot you can see through a glass door but that's pretty much it for the skybox.

I've added some custom props to expand the variety of props for cades. These specific props have good gaps to use for shooting outside cades. They also look nice.

As of right now I think humans have a decent advantage over zombies on this map. Though more map balance changes can happen after release.

Hopefully I can get my ass working on this nonstop and get it to release.

• 7 months later...

Public Beta is now out!

Come and test out my map yourself in-game! Public beta has been released on the workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353200597

The map is still decently unfinished. More shops, 3D skybox, Decals, ect to be added.

Feedback is very important to me. I want to make this map really enjoyable so any feedback will help!

Regarding why I took so long to get to this point is because I've recently built a new pc since my old one broke completly, I still had the map file in a usb and had to fix issues with css not working properly in hammer on my new rig.