Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Lack Of Competition Within Hellsgamers

Harle

My two cents about this.

We've had a pro CS:GO team and in the process, we had to do contracts with them since they're official. Everything was good for like a month until they decided to part ways with us. The only problem I see about this is dedicated people. People who are willing to spend majority of their time doing this. Not only play for a couple weeks and drop out. So, find those dedicated people, make the team, and kick some ass.

Other than that, everything looks legit until you find the right people for it! Good luck!

Also the worse decision you'll ever make in your life if you do this.

Dedication is key here, and Huejay is being honest with this. I managed the esports team with the rest of the directors, and our biggest issue was that they didn't really have a reason to stay tied down to us. If we find people who are dedicated enough to supporting the HG esports, then let's do it.

I wasn't suggesting a group of people in Hellsgamers who were willing to grind the game or scrim everyday.

I was suggesting average players like you and me who play a game decently and are interested in representing Hellsgamers.

These events doesn't necessarily have to clash with anyone's schedule, it could be arranged in such a way that all players could attend it.

The whole reason why I felt the eSports team failed was because they were forced into the community?

They wanted the exposure of playing professionally which we weren't able to provide and after a while, they had no reason to stay.

Of course we wouldn't be as good as them but for someone(not me) who play 10man regularly perhaps they would like to see how they fair against other communities and teams?

hi huejay, let's catch up soon ecksdee

Edited by Harle

Great idea, and even better if our teams can be filled with our community members on a competitive gaming side. Agree with Peacemaker in the sense we need quite a bit of dedication from our teams to make it work because subs work every once in a while but if our teams lose interest a couple weeks in then we'd be potentially dropping out of planned competitions that will affect the HG name.

I wasn't suggesting a group of people in Hellsgamers who were willing to grind the game or scrim everyday.

I was suggesting average players like you and me who play a game decently and are interested in representing Hellsgamers.

That's true, but availability may become an issue in the near future where everyone may not be on the same time. Also depends on the game as well. If you wanna make a team with "average" players like you and me, then by all means go for it. Just don't confuse professional gaming versus "having fun".

The whole reason why I felt the eSports team failed was because they were forced into the community?

They wanted the exposure of playing professionally which we weren't able to provide and after a while, they had no reason to stay.

Of course we wouldn't be as good as them but for someone(not me) who play 10man regularly perhaps they would like to see how they fair against other communities and teams?

They were actually not forced into the community whatsoever.

They came to us about an opportunity to partner with the eSports team, so we made it official via contracts and partnerships and such.

As for exposure, they made a good representation of us at the Battle of the Communities (which we won I believe), so I believe we provided that pretty well.

If you're talking about making an event that we get the "best players" from each other community and battle against other ones, then I don't see why not. I was actually making the rules for the CS:GO Tournament as Secretary until something happened in the process. I would gladly give my services to set up rules and making sure everything is good to go (if HGCE can handle this then that would be better, but it all depends). This might also be a good time to host a community-wide event since things happened with EdgeGamers (eGO) or something like that. We host the event, we get exposure for HellsGamers, sees how we do as a community, represent it well, and just have fun in the process with everyone else.

Again, we're looking for dedicated players. Professional or not, their availability should be up to par. Summer is coming up so this is the perfect time!

ALSO wouldn't help to get subs too.

/endrant

hah made you click noob xd
  • Like 2

I like the idea of

we had a csgo team but sorry the only time the played was in the tournament did not feel like it was a hg team just good players who joined hg cause they had to or they could not play in the tournament its not about just winning its about playing with and as hellsgamers.

I like the idea of

we had a csgo team but sorry the only time the played was in the tournament did not feel like it was a hg team just good players who joined hg cause they had to or they could not play in the tournament its not about just winning its about playing with and as hellsgamers.

The entire point of competitions is winning. Anyway, our csgo team participated in ESEA Intermediate, and CEVO Main. The reason they left is because the members had an "it's you or me" situation. The team ended up changing their roster, and dropping the HG sponsorship. There was also an altercation with a member of leadership that occurred, which made them lose respect for HG. Furthermore, I do not believe Harle is speaking about a team that is trying to go pro, rather getting ourselves into more inter-community competition. Edited by Rise Above
  • Like 1

My Opinion

As a gaming community, I feel we aren't as competitive or involved as some other communities.

We have that level of popularity and success within our servers but we don't compete as much as other communities in terms of player skills and talents.

I'm not implying a "pro" team but perhaps a group of dedicated people who are interested in representing HellsGamers?

A suggestion in mind would be having a CSS, CS:GO, Dota, Overwatch and League of Legends team? (most of the games we play on a daily basis)

It would be awesome to see members of HellsGamers try their luck outside of solo queue, 10mans, esea, faceit etc

Giving them the opportunity to participate in scrims, team queues, open invitationals, community wide events etc

If this ever goes through, I'm sure the Partnerships and HGCE team could help out with the arrangements.

Before anyone loses their mind and assumes the worst out of this, this is a SUGGESTION and I do enjoy being part of the community(if that's relevant(?)).

~ As a wise old couple Archer and Rise told me once, no one plays in competitions just to have fun, we play to dominate others and win

Not so relevant information

I'll be working with ongames, blue and pop in the backline on this event

https://hellsgamers....go-event-event/

ay lmao

https://masteroverwa...avagedab69-1956

(Yes, I did mention this because I wanted to take part in more Overwatch events)

the colours are triggering me tbh

I could be in the Roblox or Minecraft team if there is one (I'm a master at Roblox)