Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Dna Scanner And Kos

Hey all, Bobbythed here. I'm hoping to start a conversation about the detective DNAscanner and it's role in the game. There are two main issues I have with the item.

1. It is overpowered for the cost.

I personally have stopped spending credits on tasers as a DNAscanner accomplishes almost the same thing but targeted towards known killers and with infinite uses. If nothing else I think the price should be increased substantially as one could make the case that it is the most powerful item currently available in the game. It allows the detective to singlehandedly out the entire traitor side, no matter how sneaky they are, as long as he is kept alive by the innocents.

2. It is not 100% accurate.

In my opinion, with the amount of RDMs and incidental kills that occur on TTT, the scanner shouldn't be able to KOS. I cannot tell you the number of times I've purchased the item only to scan an innocents body, KOS the killer, and be greeted by mass mic spam about how the guy attempted RDM. I personally think the DNA scanner should only allow for extreme high suspicion calls. This point is likely the more controversial one here, so please weigh in with your thoughts here.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Detectives need to be a threat to the traitors. The DNA scanner offers just this. This forces the traitors to find and eliminate the detective early in the round so that he doesn't snowball out of control and able to call kos on all the t's. As for the rdms you are concerned about; you are describing what is an rdm train and it's super easily handled by looking at logs after the round. If you make the cost of DNA scanners to high you are making the game way T sided. Like I said Detectives are SUPPOSED to be a big threat to the traitors. Hence the big flashy D and the ability to get easy kos calls off. It's pretty balanced and it's always been the way it is on TTT without any issues.

People trying to communicate with you using voice isn't mic spam. This is something we call "communication" in America, not sure about where ever you came from. It is actually fairly helpful once you grow more accustomed to it.

Now that I'm done giving you a hard time, my opinion is that the dnascanner is perfectly effective as is because you cannot purchase in early rounds and it is very easy to target detectives, especially once you have knowledge that the detective has a dna scanner. Sometimes it's about taking one for the team. I'm fairly sure it is of common opinion that the detective is more underpowered than in gmod per say, so I don't see hurting his best weapon as viable at all. Maybe a 1000 credit increase to price wouldn't be so bad and we could try that out if more people think this is an issue.

A was agreeing until i got to this part:

2. It is not 100% accurate.

It IS 100% accurate. If you scan a body that was killed by a T who was 1000 miles away then it will say that T is the killer. Only in gmod TTT can you say "The DNA scanner is high sus only" because most of the time, if an inno stands next to another inno who was killed, the DNA scanner will mark them and not the T.

In my opinion the DNA scanner is perfect...

1. it encourages traitors to hide their victims' bodies and play it more tactically.

2. it encourages (ik, i looked up encourage synonyms but i found nothing right) traitors to target detectives early in the round.

3. i personally find things "unbalanced" when there is no counters to them but there is plenty of ways to prevent a body to be scanned.

lastly, i think it keeps traitor rounds from being flat and unfun, without it you would be killing defenseless innocents and detectives.

In my opinion, with the amount of RDMs and incident kills that occur on TTT, the scanner shouldn't be able to KOS.
if you RDM just explain what happened and why it happened so that the detective may decide not to call kos when he id's the body you killed, i know traitors can do it too but that's what makes it fun for traitors, they can be deceptive and get away with murder and laugh at the spectators' faces.

So was anybody going to post a topic on them REMOVING THE TASERS!?

65k credits saved up because now innos have nothing of value to buy....if were taking away something can we get something?

Tasers aren't removed intentionally. They should be fixed soon. Leadership is aware of the issue so let's remain calm :D

• Like 1